Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Thanks guys. I'm in the market for a new helmet, and I don't have too much money. Looks like a pretty good deal. Just curious, do you now wear this helmet all the time?

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Guys, I just found this thread and thought I would throw my .02 in. I bought my M2R about 5 months ago and have enjoyed every minute of it. My last lid was a HJC and was priced about the same. The HJC was pretty light but this one is even lighter. As mentioned in the review, the venting is acceptable and it looks killer. I never noticed the really sharp points before until Okie mentioned his accident, but will watch for it in the future.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I continue to wear my M2R every time I ride. Unless I get a great deal on a better helmet (like an Arai VX Pro) or it is proved there is another helmet better for under $200 I'm going to continue with the M2R product line.

I'm willing to give other helmets a fair test but from my experience so far with helmets under $200 this one is the best.

Ivan

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
FYI, Ivan & Okie- your reviews are spot-on. Based on your reviews, I asked the parts guy to pull one of the shiny new M2R Revelation X's off the shelf & I tried it on. Wow, way more comfortable & much lighter than my old HJC. I didn't even need a back-to-back, I could tell that much of a difference in the shop.

What about sizing? Did you guys notice they ran large? I have a Large HJC, and the guy recommended I try the medium. I did, and it was plenty roomy for my average sized noggin. Ivan, do you notice the same prob with the strap that Okie does?

They had them priced at $219.99, so I think I'll be giving MXSouth a call. After taking two huge smacks by a low hanging tree (I didn't wise up the second time around), I figure it's time to replace my 4 year old bucket. :thumb:

ktmxxer87

May 27, 2002
I'm gonna be gettin a new helmet pretty soon, and am seriously considering the m2r, because of all the good comments, and it looks good. My old fox pilot has seen a few crashes, and its gettin old, so anyway...
Whats the big difference between the revelation x (which is now around $180 from mxsouth.com) and the revelation, which is $599 i believe? Why the huge price difference?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
The weight. 1200grams vs 1600. They rock but unless you really have the $$$ I'd stick with the lower price. Its way light and looks trick. the revelation is made from Komptex and the Rev X is made from a mix of kevlar/fiberglass.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by zio What about sizing? Did you guys notice they ran large? I have a Large HJC, and the guy recommended I try the medium. I did, and it was plenty roomy for my average sized noggin. Ivan, do you notice the same prob with the strap that Okie does?

I had to go one size smaller with mine as well. The only thing I noticed with the buckling system is that it slightly harder to buckle with gloves on compared to the HJC.

I am still really diggin' this lid! :thumb:

Jeff at MX-South did have them for about $180.00 at one time, but I haven't checked his price in awhile. I bought mine locally for the same price as Jeff had, so you should be able to find it for $200 or less.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by motohead00

Jeff at MX-South did have them for about $180.00 at one time, but I haven't checked his price in awhile. I bought mine locally for the same price as Jeff had, so you should be able to find it for $200 or less.

Got a Rev X from Bob's cycle for $159 plus ship. It's a Medium, probably should have got a small but it's pretty close. I wore it so I can't send it back. VERY light.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I had mine for a day before having to send it back. Sizing is like everyone else says- if you wear a large order a med. Very light, very comfy too. The one I rec'd still had the sharp points on the visor.

Top Bottom