machining bottom of cylinder for a KTM

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
This message is actually directed to Eric Gorr. This Fall sometime, I will be sending you my top end off my 2002 KTM 300EXC for your porting job, head mods, and machining the bottom of the cylinder. My question is this, when you machine the bottom of the cylinder, will the shaft from the crankcase that actuates the power valves, still be able to engage the gears on the power valve? I hope I worded that correctly. I haven't taken the cover off yet to see how that is set up yet.
Any thoghts
thanks little jeff

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Little Jeff

Don't sweat it. It will work out. The rod is adjustable. Once the PV is set to the proper "z" dimension per the KTM Manual. Then you can adjust the rod to pop in place. Only a few thousands (10-30) are removed from the lower part of the cylinder.

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Rick, it is supposed to give me more low to mid power and more top overrev. make the power a little more manageable in the mid. According to Eric Gorr. I'm getting the Mo Better Everywhere porting job.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…