dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
Made it home safely from another great 'fest. As usual, I learned a great many things, and feel compelled to share....

• 1. Children do not understand the concept of 'limited water' or 'low batteries'.

2. Whenever possible, let Jeff Fredette fix your flat tires.

3. HP2 spooges less and doesn't foul the logs on your campfire.

4. Staying up late with Jeff Allen does NOT improve your performance the next day.

5. Eric Gorr is still the most talented gate dropper I've seen.

6. Canadian Dave really is, well, Canadian.

What a terrific week. It's great seeing everyone again and finally meeting Thump and Rich and Oldguy and PappaKeith and TTRguy and Billywho and the list goes on. Thanks again Okie and everyone who put this together. You have a terrific family to put this much work into anther outstanding event. Thanks to all of the sponsors who donated the great prizes and giveaways. My whole family is looking forward to next year

Last edited:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
It was good to see you and your clan agian this year. THANKS A TON for letting Dave ride your KDX Saturday. He told me before he left that DW01 was the most fun he had all summer and alot of that had to do with the nice people (like you) :)

I really enjoyed hanging out with you and your wife around the campfire. :confused: She is a RIOT :scream:

If you ever get down to Memphis look me up, If not see ya next year.

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Yeah Dan, how did you get so lucky? The sweetest wife and great kids too!
Looking forward to seeing all of you again next year.:) Thanks for your help with the poker run.

Joy

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
DHoward,

How did the rented ghetto cruiser RV hold up the rest of the week? I got to listen to your initial horror stories the first night but never managed to get an update on anymore cabinet drawers falling off. What was the final damge list and how did the rental place handle your list of items repaied? Funny stuff!!

Last edited:

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
Ah....
Ghetto RV rentals inc.
Everything seemed to go fine for a time after we arrived, but then....
In the middle of the night on Wednesday...

BEEP!....

BEEP!....

"What could THAT possibly be?"
I got up and turned a light on, but the house battery had been run down so low that I couldn't see anything. Fired the genset up, ahh...light. Now, where's that infernal beeping coming from? I looked all around and couldn't find a thing. Funny thing was, the beeping stopped. Oh well, back to bed. The next night, same thing.
Friday night, well, I ended up staying by the fire 'til 4:30am with Jeff Allen and a couple of youngsters kinda makin' goo-goo eyes at each other :p so I didn't think anymore about it until I tried to sneak in. Turned the bathroom light on and,
BEEP!.......

BEEP!......

Finished what I had started, and turned the light off. No more beep.
Saturday I got up and turned another light on and, you guessed it, BEEP!
Hunted it down until I found the carbon monoxide detector. Hmmm. Sounds like a 'low battery' beep. started the truck and low and behold, no more beep.
It seems as though when the house battery in the RV reached about 8 volts (remember the dim lights?) the detector would politely let us know! Got back on Sunday and hunted the battery down. "Boy these cells look low!" Took 48 oz. of water to top it back up. Told the guy back at the RV place the story and he knocked half of the generator hours off of the bill, as well as didn't give me any troble for tweaking the rear bumper more than it was already tweaked. Oh yeah, another lesson,
  • Don't let your kid guide you backing a trailer behind a pig RV
All in all I'd say the whole thing was worth it. I mean after all, look at the funny stories!
:)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Originally posted by dhoward
I ended up staying by the fire 'til 4:30am with Jeff Allen and a couple of youngsters kinda makin' goo-goo eyes at each other :p
:)

Wasn't it 4 am when we both hit the sack and the "youngsters" that stayed up till 4:30??? :p
That was the best time of the whole week dhoward:cool:

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Jeff, I see you have already put a.k.a. McGyver on your signature line:)

Now you have sealed your fate forever with the rest of us DRN'rs as the man to see during Dirt Week for unimaginable ways on repairing our bikes:cool:

Hope you enjoy your new status as I am sure next year you will be fairly busy repairing everyones bike:scream:

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I can't take all the credit, Hogwylde had a part in this also:p

I like the photos on your web site Jason, Looks like your bikes in the air moe than it's on the ground.

Last edited:

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Thanks for checking out the web site Jeff. I don't get too much feedback on it and for the amount of time I put into it, it is sure nice to see someone enjoy it. Still need to get a better digital camera, they all come out a little fuzzy.

By the way, how is the head?

Hope you are feeling better. My friend Greg said he can see the mark on his back wheel where you hit him and showed us all your demo of the freestyle move they call a "Nothing". You must have been hauling some major arse when you hit him.

Top Bottom