CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
Has anyone expereienced any operational problems with the Magura clutch on an 02 CR250. I just picked up the 02 and it has the hydrolic clutch, but not installed. The seller had problems with the clutch not dissengaging fully even with the lever pulled tight to the bar. It seems as though the Magura does not have enough travel. The clutch works great with the stock cable set up.

The bike has very minimal hours(so the clutch is good) and the Magura was only used a couple times before it was taken off.

I'd like to use the Magura, but not if the clutch drags.

Any ideas??

PT cr

Jan 4, 2002
I've seen that problem on my friends 2000 RM250 (which uses the CR250 magura clutch). We took the spoke nipple off the end of the actuating rod and put some small washers on to get the clutch to disengage. Kind of a lame fix but it works.

I don't have any problems with my 2001 CR250 Magura. Other than it blows seals more than it should. At least Magura fixes it for free and has quick turn around.

Works great when it works, but I'm waiting for it to quit during a race.

CRPilot

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2000
FYI,

I just spoke with the Magura customer service and they indicated that they have an updated slave cylinder for the CR's. He indicated they changed to a 10.5mm slave that has a longer pull than the 9.5mm slave that I have. He agreed to swap it for the 10.5mm no questions asked. All I need to do is send it to them.

Top Bottom