zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'm ready to do my first major upgrade to my bike, and the clutch is the subject. My clutch has been acting up lately (notched basket making it grabby, engagement changing after an hour or so, fading, etc.). So after new clutch plates & basket, I'm getting a hydraulic unit to prevent some of the problems in the future and to ease clutch pull, allow me to feather easier in technical sections, etc.

So, which one? Magura, or Hebo (as tested by Patman)? Anyone have any feedback? Anyone have an opinion? I think they're priced about the same (Roughly $190), and I'll be ordering through MXSouth anyway.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Nope, not only on the 200's I think, or maybe it's on the SX's only. Don't remember for sure. But for some reason they didn't put them on all s that year.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'll give my vote to Hebo - uses brake fluid, more travel of slave piston, lighter pull, better hose.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I had a Magura on my 01 CR for a day and I really liked it, right up until I went to load up the bike the next morning and saw the slave leaking. :(

The concept is great but in this case I think their execution was poor.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
My slave cylinder went after a few months-however before it went i bent the actuator arm as its badly designed(i was trying to change jets)so i did the damage but only because they made it so the carb is inaccessable.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
From what I've read in the past and on other boards, a lot of people have been dissatisfied with the Magura unit, the Hebo unit has gotten alot of praise.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Hebo :)
psst...zio...go over to erider's website and price the hebo, if I'm not mistaken it's their deal of the month for this month and very reasonable..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Zio go with the Hebo. I checked out both before I layed my green out and wrote the review. It's easier to place the slave in a safe location and is more easily transferred to a different bike if you choose to down the road. :thumb:

Top Bottom