garrettkite

May 26, 2002
I orded a motocross style rear fender from maier for my 2001 KDX 220. It came with two holes side by side close to the middle of the part of the fender that shows (if that makes any sense). And I just want to know from those of you that have ordered MX style rear fenders from maier if they usually come with those two holes, which look like they would be for a tail light to mount up. The holes don't bother me that much but I haven't seen the same holes on anyone elses fenders. I figure i can just cover them up with stickers, so it's not a real big deal either way, I just wanted to know before I make any serious "commitments".
Thanks for any help.

GARRETT

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
yup ,they belong there u mount the fender to the rear frame tubes with the hardware provided.u did get a little bag of stuff with the fender right ?

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I first mounted my rear fender with the thick plastic spacers provided, but didn't like how high it was. I then replaced w/ spacers about half as thick, works fine, looks better and helps to hide the rear support bars.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
My Maier fender was the same way, they are used to attach the fender to the framework underneath. You should find that when the fender is placed the holes in the fender line up with holes in the frame crosspiece and I used two phillips panheads with locknuts to secure it. There are other mounting holes that I had to drill to secure the sides.

After the fender is installed you may notice the small round frametubes sticking out from under the fender but no problem, just hacksaw a few inches off just after the crosspiece.

garrettkite

May 26, 2002
Thanks everyone,
I figured everything out, I'm just stupid! I didn't get any bolts or spacers or anything i just used the screws that went to the stock rear fender and everything fit pretty good. Thanks for the help.

GARRETT

Top Bottom