kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
when i bought my bike it had a Maier rear fender on it. if anyone else has noticed they don't shine AT ALL! they are very dull and nothing liek the stock shine. Now i like the way the Maier looks except for there is NO shine.any ideas on how to get it to shine permanatly. We have this plastic renew stuff and it comes wiht this stuff to put on after the fender is sanded and it gives back its shine. should i try some of this?anything is helpful. :)

------------------
1993 KDX 250
Yes it's FAST, NO you can't ride it!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Why not just get a different fender? I use UFO plastic, and it is more glossy than the stock plastic was.

------------------
1992 KDX 250-FMF porting,two-stage power reeds, Fatty pipe, Power Core silencer,titanium rod,Wiseco Ultra-lite, Pro-Action suspension...Oh my Gawd, they killed Kenny!

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Without trying to turn this into a flame, avoid Maier plastic. I know, it was already on your bike, but if you decide to replace it, go with Acerbis or UFO.

I know what you mean about the shine. It's easy to pick out one of thier parts. Color usually isn't real close, either...

I would suppose Plastic Renew would shine it up, but it will take a lot of elbow grease to get a polish out of it. IT IS a dirt bike... :D I'm thinking about coming out with a line of pre-cracked and pre-scratched plastic to save myself time.. I'm just going to ruin it anyway... :D

------------------
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
although my bike has all ufo plastic i know what ya mean about the dull plastic, im a bit of a clean freak so after im done riding i wash my bike real good with dawn dish soap then i dry it off then spray the whole bike with son of a gun tire foam and let it sit in the sun for a 1/2 hr your bike will look like new!, also it makes it eaiser to clean next time out, it may seem a bit silly to clean a "dirt" bike this well but i also use this as a time to look for loose bolts and things that may need some attention, so i see it more as a maintniance deal, it beats breaking down in the middle of nowhere.

------------------

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
see the only problem is UFO or Acribis doesn't make plastic for a 93' KDX 250!

------------------
1993 KDX 250 P/C pipe/silencer, removed airbox lid, boysen power reeds, uni air filter.

I am as fast as you THINK you are!

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
I would contact UFO directly. See if they have old stock or know where it's available, or an idea of something else that would fit.

A couple years back, I bought a UFO rear fender (wheely mishap) for my old 94 CR250. It was in stock and fit perfectly.

paul

Jul 3, 1999
Dont dare call ufo I needed a sticker for my headlight it took 2 weeks to contact them they r in Italy, I called collect my friend speaks italian. They were so shocked i called from america for a sticker the sent me new side and radiator plastics. Great company Great people. I always recommend them

------------------
paul

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom