Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
I'm may or may not be getting an "03 WR 250F. If so, what do I need to do to it. I have never owned a four-stroke, really know nothing about the maintenance, and I want to do the four-stroke thing(maybe) right. So please, PLEASE help me out!!!
Thanx a bunch

lavaman

Back 2 riding 2-Strokes
~SPONSOR~
Sep 21, 2003
If the engine oil/trans oil is shared, I'd change it frequently after the break-in period with synthetic motorcycle engine/trans oil. Check Owner's Manual for valve lash adjustment intervals(if necessary). Clean air filter after every ride. Lube cables every coupla rides. Always check tire pressure...Just like maintaining anything else...take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Terry

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
There are a bunch of free mods that you can do.

Free mods link

Those are for the 02 and earlier. The YZ timing will not work due to the position of the auto decompression tab on the cam unless you buy the YZ cam from the dealer. All the other mods will more than likely be the same.

They come from the dealer with a throttle stop, all plugged up (exhaust and intake), as well as jetted lean. I think its to pass emissions. Those "free mods" will help it run better. A good greasing of the linkage and steering stem would not hurt. Use non-synthetic on break-in and change often.

Top Bottom