asscobra

Sep 12, 2007
so i bought this used YZ 125 a while ago and im about to get some work done on it since i dont know the runtime on the piston and so on

i was just wondering before i order parts if the reed valve is something that needs to be changed after a certain amount of runtime or if theres an easy test to see if they are ok (never had anything with a reed vavle)

piston kit,gaskets,oil,filter, check and clean the carb + check high/lowspeed nozzles ??(dunno what they are called in english sorry)

anything else i need to think of ? this was just from the top o my head right now

//cheers

might add that ive only had a few short testruns as im still waiting for my protective gear to arrive and everything SEEMS fine =), but i dont wanna risk anything

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Inspect the reeds, make sure that there's no cracks, chips or signs of wear.

Make sure that the reeds seat well against the block all the way around.

slodad

Sep 4, 2005
If it's an '05 or '06, plan on replacing the shift stopper lever. It's on the right side of the engine, beneath the clutch. They are very prone to failure and can cause significant problems if pieces jam the transmission gears. The part is only $11 and is pretty simple to install.

Top Bottom