Roarnracin

May 8, 2007
Hi I am brand new to this forum. I just bought my kids a couple of dirt bikes and I would like to do some maintenence on them first. They are 1979 Yamaha JR 50 and 1979 GTMX 80.How much oil do they use in the transmission and what is the point gap on the JR 50? Thanks. :bang:

Rob

spuddy

Aug 21, 2006
in reply to your post . first thing you want to do is to get a couple of manuals for the bikes then you wont need to ask questions on here untill something major happeneds

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I think what Spuddy was trying to say is, we'd be happy to help, however, chances are you'll probably find your answers quicker and more accurate in the service manual. Plus, there is a whole lot of other info in them that you will find helpful in the future.

Check repairmanual.com for to see if they carry those manuals.

There is quite possibly a marking on the side of the cases somewhere near the oil fill hole that should indicate how much oil those bikes take. Might be expressed in CC's or ML's..

No idea about the point gaps.. If you're in a hurry, you may try asking a Yamaha dealer..

spuddy

Aug 21, 2006
hey i didnt mean to come across nasty.. i was just saying if you get some manuals for your 2 bikes then your be able to do all the Maintance you need to do.
sorry if i came across Bitter and Sarcastic
wasnt ment to be just the wording was wrong . sorry

Top Bottom