jbaker900

Sep 6, 2008
I'm looking at buying something like a 2000 suzuki rm125 or 250 or something similar. My question is i would like to have it street legal as well, other than adding proper lighting and a horn and all that stuff to pass inspection anything else i'd need to convert or whatnot? Or is this even possible?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
a title is important, but it will be very difficult since any RM will be listed as a closed course competition machine and not for highway use.

Do all you can to make the bike quiet and street worthy, and you might have a chance with the local DMV.

bonitz

Aug 20, 2008
I'm not tryin to jack anyone's thread, but i have been wandering the same about my 07'yz450.I live in western maryland.I have the title and full coverage on the bike. I'm just wandering what else stands in my way.Like no matter what i do it seems like the mva wouldnt allow a closed course vehicle on the road, but im hoping i'm wrong. I've looked at lighting systems i just dont want to commit till i get some more info.Thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
To get plates you usually have to have a title for street use. Go to the local DMV and ask for information about registering a motorcycle. If your state has safety inspections like we do here in PA, you may want to stop into a repair shop that does inspections and ask them for guidance. I've considered doing this, but it's not in the cards for a while at least. Good luck!

rossim22

Jul 19, 2008
jbaker900 said:
What about plates? thats my biggest concern

If you're under 21, you have to wear a helmet. You have to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on your license. You must have eye protection. I wouldn't ride past about 6pm, or they might hassle you about a headlight.

As long as you don't live in California, you should be alright. lol

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
rossim22 said:
If you're under 21, you have to wear a helmet. You have to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on your license. You must have eye protection. I wouldn't ride past about 6pm, or they might hassle you about a headlight.
Those might be Florida regulations.

I believe all states require lighting, at least a headlight and taillight. More than likely a brake light. Some even require blinkers.

Again, as Joe said, speak to your local DMV and you'd get a lot better info for your local jurisdiction than you are going to get on this bulletin board.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rossim22 said:
As long as you don't live in California, you should be alright. lol

Why is that Ross? Inquiring minds want to know. :whoa:

Jbaker.

Like JOE and Pred said. Go to your local department of motor vehicles and ask. They should have a spec sheet that will list everything you will need to add to your bike to make it street legal. They most likely have an online site you can go to.

Thats what I did when I registered my CRF450R for the street here in California.

Top Bottom