Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm sure a lot of you have a pretty good idea of what it takes to make DirtWeek happen and even more THINK you do. I'm going to say it here and now...

Without the help of my family, the mods and this year in a BIG way; Thump, there is no way on earth DW would happen. I'd also like to thank BSWIFT, justql and the Heartland Spodes DRN Chapter for their awesome support. I know Swift has spent hours painting signs to put up all over Oklahoma to make sure everyone can find us.

There is so much detail work, planning, scheduling and beating on doors to pull this thing off. Leg work that we can't handle from a distance, phone calls, just a ton of stuff that has to be done.

So ...

Crispy, Shiftless and Pokie ... :aj:
Thump ... :aj:
DRN Mods ... :aj:
Billy Frank/Asterisk ... you rock. :thumb:
Heartland Spodettes... :aj:

All the members that have helped .... Thanks!

And last, but certainly not least ...
Scooter: Thanks for putting up with me babe.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'll second the "Thanks" from the outside looking in. This will be DW #3 for me and each year it is just outstanding. Thank You to everyone who makes this happen. :thumb: :)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Everybody involved does a great job to pull this off, and I'm very happy and proud to be a part of it, and no no no....YOU ROCK Mister!!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
All kidding aside, this whole place ROCKS! :aj: Thanks to all who put forth the effort to make DW03; sponsors, Mods, admins and members! :worship:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
All kidding aside, this whole place ROCKS! :aj: Thanks to all who put forth the effort to make DW03; sponsors, Mods, admins and members! :worship:
Does this mean that Elk is first on the list for next year?

I agree ... I have said to many people that the computer is as large or small as the mind of the operator, therefore ....

I also want to thank you Okie for having the dream and bringing it to reality. It's wierd, I have never seen you name listed in the logged on members (I know why), but I know you are always on line .... :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I know Swift has spent hours painting signs to put up all over Oklahoma to make sure everyone can find us.
If you can get yourself CLOSE to Stillwater, I'll have signs out. If you come thru Slapout or Slick you are not quite close enough to see a sign. :p BTW, Slapout and Slick are on the map and I've been to both.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Being involved -w- the car show / flea market / parts vendor buis. for over 13 years you get to know what is REALLY involved in making things like this happen.
It is a LOT.

Thumbs up to all those who put this together. :thumb:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Many Heart felt thanks to all involved. Last year was my first DW. I had an absoulutely fantastic time with my son and all the people that we met. I met people that I now consider my friends. After coming home, it was hard to wipe the smile off of my sons and my face :) Weve been looking forward to this years event since last year.
Thank you, :worship:
Let the party begin :yeehaw:
Walt

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
You guys are ALL awsome!! this whole thing, it's just, well folks, YOU ROCK!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Big Group Hug :)

All of us SPODES really owe a BIG debt of gratitude to Okie and his family as well as the Mods for putting this event on and for putting up with us. :worship:

If you havent been to a DW or met these folks in person you wont understand but I bet by Oct 5th you will be family if your there.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
To me DW is a family reunion. Last year Okie's family (Okie, Scooter, Pokie, Shiftless, Crispy...) took me in as my plans were changed at the last minute. I ended up putting my tent under the canopy of Okie's RV. They fed me steaks and told me lies that made me laugh, and I needed it (the steak and the lies). If I could adopt an entire family it would be the Okie clan. I got to see some buddies that I have not seen in a while, Patman, AJ, TTR Guy, GSR to name a few although I am sure I have forgotten several... I got to meet some friends that I have known for a few years but never met face to face, Rich, Eric, Oldguy, Mully, Offroadr, SKR, CDave, Lori, Gomer, Jer, Sparks, Wardy, Big Lou, Zoomer..... Too many to list out. I got my suspension done, fried my clutch and was given YES given new plates and fibers and I didn't even have to put it in, "someone" blew my bike up but Rich built me a new motor, was taught how to change a tire (thanks Farmer John) and I was given the memories of the best vacation of my life (till this years event). Then I meet Billy.... Despite blowing up my bike, blowing up his bike, breaking the tent, the chair, the power washer, the dogs bowl, the lemon juice, the camp fire and much... much more, he has become one of my best friends, both he and his wife have (God help her).

So to thank me for spending a little bit of time helping to plan an event that will rival what I just wrote seems a bit crazy to me. Thank you Okie for giving us a place and this event.

Here is my list of people to thank:
1) Okie for creating this place
2) All the people that help him to put it together
3) All the people that attend (w/o you there would be no DW)
4) The sponsors

Giddy-up, it's go-time!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Thump
If I could adopt an entire family it would be the Okie clan.

Here is my list of people to thank:
1) Okie for creating this place
2) All the people that help him to put it together
3) All the people that attend (w/o you there would be no DW)
4) The sponsors

Giddy-up, it's go-time!

I think you nailed it Thump. One of the reasons DW is soooooo great is the Okie clan treats everyone as if they are family. :yeehaw:

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
A Big "Damn Yank" Thank You for all your efforts.... Just one favor to ask of BSwift.... Be sure and start those signs in Pa so us Yanks don't get lost along the way.... Who knows... Tree Jumper my lead us to who knows where if no signs are spotted.

BTW - My hat is off to all the folks that pull this thing together. Awesome Job !

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
....beware of collapsed bridges in TX and OK...... you may have to take dirt roads to get to cooperland!

thanks for letting us mature folks play in our children's playground!

Pokester & Shiftless

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
This thing just gets bigger and better every year. I was blown away at the turn out at 2000 and from what I hear 2001 was even bigger. Who knows how big this thing will get. I will say none of this would happen if it were not for Okie, the sponsors, the quality of moderators and industry experts, support team members and everyone that has contributed over the years. This is just to cool and I cant wait till the 29th when me and dave186 hit the road. Thank you to everyone that has played a roll in this reunion, and I hope everyone makes it there safe and sound!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
All the bridges are repaired. As for sign is PA, your on your own there. Point your vehicle in the direction of Tulsa or Oklahoma City and you'll make it. You'll pay a few tolls(or is that trolls) along the way. I will post official Directiones' in a week or so. This has been a lot of fun and can't wait to see everyone.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Be glad that the I-40 bridge is back up. When I drove through last July, the detour was worth two extra hours. By the time I got back on the freeway, I was in Arkansas. :think:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Gomer..... "un fuerte abrazo", but don't let the crowd see this! Hey, Dirtweek and riding at OT's Supercross track keep me from ageing...
BTW, Can you help Julius with registrant #39?

Top Bottom