jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Work has kept me MIA for the las t 3-4 weeks. I was going through withdrawals - serioulsy!

Although work has been killing me (last week was a 75+ hour week) I did get a perk in the form of some money to buy myself a treat. At the very least my efforts have not gone un-noticed!

I went to Central Yamaha on Wednesday and picked up a few items:
-A new Helmet (a new Vega Kevlar/fibergalss model for '02 - very light).
-A new set of Scott 89X goggles to match the new lid.
-A new Dunlop D739 rear tire.

Man, I love the smell of a new tire and a new helmet. Now I just need to go ride!!!

Check out the new lid:

-jeffd

Attachments

• sm_baja_jr-g39.jpg
    sm_baja_jr-g39.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 261

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I was wondering where you had been. You haven't been on AIM much either. One question though, why a 739? You ever used one before?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I picked the 739 b/c I have gone through two D752's in about 8 months. I figure I ride about 2X per month on average and that equates to a tire that just doesn't last for squat. I also tend to ride at Shady Grove and other places that aren't typically prepped so I figured I'd give the 739 a try. Why do you ask? Have you had good bad or other experiences with 739's? Heard rumors. etc?

-jeffd

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
The Dunlop 739's come stock on all the Yamaha yz/f. They calm to be a hard packed tire, that will hook up well, but I have found that on two of my bikes that came with them stock, that they are JUNK! They never did hook up well at all, and the front wheel always feels like, when you are leaning over in a turn that it will slip and slid on the hard pack. Just my .02 cents

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I have yet to mount the new tire, but if'n you want the old one you are more than welcome to have it.

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yea, I didn't really care much for my 739 either. Maybe with that minibike it will be different...

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I have never been to Mosier...
How does it compare to Shady Grove (besides being prepped, groomed, etc.)? I gotta think about that one...

Thump - thanks for the opinion. You know the kind of crappy places I ride like Shady Grove and all the other places that have lots of hard-pack! That was my logic in going with the 739.

yzguy15 - any time you want to run 'em just let me know. Do you really want to go back to school and tell all your buddies that you got smoked by an old man on a mini-bike? :p

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Jeff, I might be going to Mosier or Village creek sometime with a friend in the near future, if we go I'll let you know, maybe you can meet us. You don't have to get all defensive and go callin me out, I was just simply stating my opinion on a tire. Geez.. you old people are cranky...

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
Jeff, my 2001 KX125 came stock with a 739. Personally, I thought it worked well in the conditions I ride in, which is mostly un-groomed hard pack. I've since switched to the 756, but only because my riding places have changed and the 756 seems to work a little better in the softer conditions I now ride in.
By the way, cool lookin' helmet. Congrats....

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by MTRIDER
Jeffd, still got any of those used tires ?

Do you still want my old 752?

-jeffd

Top Bottom