700_Edge_X

Jul 11, 2007
Has anyone rode these ORV trail around kalkaska and mancelona? I'm going to be taking my bike up their for the first time and it was built for a track so i was wondering how it will do. It is a 02 yz 125

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
700_Edge_X said:
Has anyone rode these ORV trail around kalkaska and mancelona? I'm going to be taking my bike up their for the first time and it was built for a track so i was wondering how it will do. It is a 02 yz 125

your bike sb fine - pretty open trail for the most part - don't forget your ORV sticker and spark arrestor in case "the man" decides to stop you and check out the bike. It'd be a good idea to stay on the trail too for the same reason - tickets can ruin an otherwise great weekend.
have fun.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
If your tank is stock you might wanna figure out a way to carry a little xtra fuel.. Why?? - When you look at a trail map for mileage you have to actually double the miles that the map indicates because you are going the same distance up and down as you are forward.. Dont laugh,, lots of people havent figured that out yet and they always wonder why their bike only gets 10 miles to the tank....
Oh yea,, something else to keep in mind, the farther away from the trailheads that you get the smoother the trail becomes.. Soooooo,, get a trailmap, find a seasonal road on the opposite side of the loop from the trail head and unload there.. THat way you dont have to burn up all your time riding whoops... Also, it lessens the probability of having your day ruined by getting to yap with those guys in the green - they hunt the parking lots....
Run your rear tire down to 6 pounds of air and your front at 12 - check your rim locks and make sure their tight too. LOTS OF SAND!!!!
YOu bike will do fine - have a ball!!!!

SLEDNECK

Aug 10, 2007
Yea it kinda sucks with the stock tank, plus my bike runs on 110 octane so its not the easyest to find, but i will probably start running 93 in it. I have snowmobiled all around that area so i got an idea of were i'm at out in the woods around their. Thanks for the advice guys.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
"have a ball!!!!" - When did you start promoting Illinois Lottery tickets?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
"have a ball!!!!" - When did you start promoting Illinois Lottery tickets?

The answer to that is a very complex mathematical formulation of statistics, human interaction and trail riding experiences.. To simplify it for those not as blessed as you and I are with our advanced scientific minds, let me put it this way...
Every since meeting a well known Illinois native while traveling my favorite trail in Michigan, I have done nothing but win! Soooo, the way I figure it,, if I can win by developing a close friendship with that NUT, there is NO WAY a person can lose by "having a BALL" - even if it is from the Illinois Lottery..
Dont mess with me ya Rotten Sucker, you'ld be better off riding a Moped on the Dan Ryan at 5 pm on a Friday!! :boss:
Woodsy :ride:

Attachments

• sturgis0722 092.jpg
    sturgis0722 092.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 176
Top Bottom