Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Many thanks to...

I need to thank a lot of people. Of course, Okie and his family, Thump, the Heartland Spodes, Brownie, the moderators, Buster and many more people made DW the event happen for all those who attended.

These people made DW happen for me personally:
1. Milk. Thanks for picking me up at the airport. Milk actually went to work a half day on Friday when he was supposed to have the whole day off to hang out at DW. He did this so I would have ride out to Cooperland when I arrived in OKC on Friday afternoon. Thanks man, I really appreciated the ride, and it was great to get to know you. I could've lived without the :moon: in the night time poker run though. :)

2. Julius Pleaser. JP really wanted me to make it somehow someway to this years event. He basically told me whatever you need me to do, I'll do. So I said, "How about you come over to my house, pick up my bike and my two gear bags, and haul them to Oklahoma for me?" JP's answer, "No problem. When do you want me to come over."

3. Mikeb and Patrick. These guys provided me with room and board. Mike brought me a sleeping bag and an air mattress to sleep on. And, he allowed me to eat all of his food, since I didn't have any. Mike was used to this though, I ate all of his food last year, even though I had my own food. Patrick, cook extrodinare, cooked our dinner (twice) and fixed a great breakfast. He even cleaned the skillet after I said that I'd do it. And, he was fun to ride and race against. Thanks a ton guys. I owe you big. Somehow I'll pay back the favors at next year's event. Or sooner I hope.

4. Jeff Gilbert. Gave me and Zio a ride to the airport this morning. Thanks so much. We were pretty sure that someone would be able to drop us off. I hope that it wasn't too far out of the way. My only regret was that I didn't get to meet your daughter. I'll have to meet her next year.

For me, DW this year wasn't really about the riding. I went there because I wanted to see my friends. I had been to both previous events, and had a blast. This year, I was only able to attend for a short time. But the time that I spent meeting new people and visiting with old friends was priceless.

I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks to everyone who made this event happen!! :thumb:
:yeehaw:

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Tim, we were so glad you could make it. It was great to see you again. I'd like to thank all that made it possible for you to make it there too! What a great bunch. :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Aimee, it was great to see you guys too. I'm disappointed that there wasn't more time to sit around and visit more. I'm sure that we won't wait until next year's event to meet up for a ride or something.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Timr
My only regret was that I didn't get to meet your daughter. I'll have to meet her next year.
We were 5 miles from the Texas border when she finally rolled out of the sack. She wore herself out that last night.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm glad you made it out to DW, Tim! It was nice finally getting to meet you. We'll ride soon! :thumb:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Tim it was my pleasure. :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Any time, dude! I'm glad you made it. :thumb:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
You are welcome .. I am just glad you got to come. I did the same for Dave last year and would do it again for anyone on DRN.

So did that cat Saturday night scare you as much as Patrick?

We will do it again and who knows I might even come down and do an enduro with ya.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Along with everyone who put this on,( Crispy, you need a raise in pay), I want to thank the Yamaha dealer in Stillwater, took a brake lever off the only 02 125 he had to keep us going, kid at the counter said if he had to he would call Coop's mech and get one, " no way are you folks comming this far to ride and let a brake lever hold you back" :thumb:

Oh, said he sold some dude a 450, I think. ;)

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Old CR Goat - Raise in pay? Nah.... I love helping Okie and the Mods with the races at DW... they have to have fun too!!! Wait a minute... did Okie ever ride? I saw him suited up, but I never did see him ride?

Top Bottom