Marcus & Eric

JTCR

Apr 18, 2002
Hey Marcus, I gotta couple of questions if you get the time to answer. First, How much did you sell you 01CR125 for? I got the same bike, only completely stock but its in EXCELLENT shape, super clean. Second, can you please repeat the things you did to your 01CR125 that boosted bottom-mid range that didnt cost a whole lot of money? Thanks for your time bro, Peace -

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
JTCR im in the Uk so my price wont be comparable.
Best mods for bottom end(none make a big difference) are
Cometic thin base gasket(use 2 head gaskets to keep compression the same)
Vertex Cr125 piston
BR8EG plug
A 40 pilot jet helps with the airscrew set for best responce.
Cutting down the std silencer is a good mod even if it only makes it sound better.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
Cutting down the std silencer is a good mod even if it only makes it sound better.
Oh, so you're one of those loud guys...... :p

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Mike i know your jesting but it really doesnt raise the noise levels to any extent.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I'm curious, was the thinner base gasket to lower the ports since you weren't after higher compression? Have you discussed this mod in a previous thread so as to keep you from having to type it again?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes james lowering the port heights.The CR comp ratio is reasonbly high std.A search will show alot of info on this.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…