MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
I rode the Bike side of Marienville last week end. They did repairs alright. The sections they repaired are like Highways now flat and smooth as can be. Most of the Root sections are gone. The Rocky sections are gone for the most part. I would say out of the 20 mile loop, That 6 miles of it is reworked. They are going to close it down for 4 weeks to repair it some more. Next year it will be a bore of a ride if they do the rest like they did the first repairs. :(

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
4 years ago, the trail was like riding in Hell. 20 miles of rocks ,ruts that would swallow a bike, Roots a foot and a half in the air. Others will agree to this.
The trail is much mellower now . It was to the point of torture to ride. But they filled in and made it like a bike path over those sections.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
More or less they ruined the trail. I rode there about 2 years ago and was bummed until we hit the bike trail. We put in about 98 miles that day and saved the bike trail for last. The rest of the trail system was real easy. I enjoyed the ride but really liked the bike trail. I just hate to hear that they filled it all in and made it easy.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Hey Mrrmx, I can understand your concern over a nice, challenging bike trail being turned into some form of paved Gentleman's sightseeing trail.
However, I'm sure that the majority of readers reviewing this posting would not be aware that this type of paved, liesure trail is just about the most challenging thing that you are up to these day.
I have come to this assumption after repeated attempts at getting you to join me in a ride at Turkey Point which, as you know, is where the real men go to ride, have resulted in nothing but lame excuses.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Dear Mister Lovell,

You posted that I declined to ride in Canada with you and your group of manly riders. I am informing you that I never recieved a invite to the Land of Pain for a ride. I just figured you were afraid to ride with this rider on the RM. Heck you could of aways drive to PA. to do the sightseeing trails with me.
If I recall right the last time we set up a ride at the Point you failed to show. I had to ride alone until some other riders showed up to ride. I missed seeing the CR250 with the training wheels on it....

Top Bottom