Marjor upgrades to the Supension Forum Coming Soon

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Guys
I'm really excited to let you know we are in the Early stages of some major improvements to our suspension forum..

We will be adding a bike, and tuning oriented data base sub forum for our readers to use. We are still working out the practical details, but we know it will be model based. So for instance 04KXF250 will bring you to the string about this model. I intend for the string to grow, techincal data, and practical issues can be discussed, ongoing... Importantly, we won't use, and will delete multiple postings, so you'll need to use the search function if you can't find the bike of interest on the first pages.. I believe this will be the most straight forward and practical way to collect data, for tuners and enthusiast alike.. I've been gathering a few of my colleagues who frequent this board to help moderate the forum in a round table fashion..

I only see a few things to consider..

1.)All DRN policies strictly adhered to..
2.)No discussions of anyone's intellectual , or proprietary knowledge.. IE (No discussion of suspension company XYZ's valving), Unless XYZ volunteers it.
3.)Theory, Technology, and general questions stay in the Main Forum..

More to come shortly, but I think this is going to be cool..

BR,
Jer

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
can we put our own valving up for comment?

can we discuss valving from our own bikes if we dont mention the company?

i also think it would be good to start the thread with the stock valving and spring rates, oil levels etc. etc.

and have you considered that many year models should be grouped? eg i think 99-01yz250 should be grouped together since they are essentially the same.

maybe you could have a sub forum for each manufacturer?

thanks again for your time and efforts Jer and other DRN experts- this could be really great, but i appreciate it will mean a lot of work for you guys!

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Bruce
Thanks for the comments..

Couple of things..

Anyone may put up whatever they like of there own valving, swap ideas, and try stuff out..

We will not be able to do anything for any other companies mods.. Its not ethically right.. If that prevents some topics, from happening so be it.. I can't let common respect and professional decency be prostituted for the sake of a good conversation publicly.. (We will have zero Tolerance for this..)

For the sake of grouping.. We are doing each Year bike.. Its the only way to keep it organized. Although we may have subtle to no differences, I just can't see it any other way.. It may be wise to note similar groupings.. To keep it moving I don't see it breaking into manufactures forums, but I'm sure if need be we can..

But Info on stock settings, along with all the mentioned details + issues etc can all be posted and discussed..

Searches can be used to find stuff quickly, I think the best analogy will be each bike title is a file, you open the file.. You get a plethora of info...As it goes we can make it more straight forward as logic dictates.. I prefer to keep it simple see how it all shapes up..

I really appreciate your comments, I like your ideas, sorry to disappoint you on some of them, but that's just the way it has to be... We have a really cool group of guys running the show as well... Which well need to keep it moving..

Stay tuned!

BR,
Jer

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
I look forward to DRN and its loyal contributors taking the next step in being the most helpfull/imformative and respected suspension forum on the internet.

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
Jer,
I love the idea of swapping shimstack and valving info! When you said "other companies mods", do you mean other than the stock valves and MXTech valves? Or are MXTech valve setups not allowed either?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Very Cool indeed!
looks like I'm gonna have to take over the basement(heated) and tear my new bike apart for this one.
As far as shim stacks, I think Jer is referring to any commercial stack. MXtech, FConnection, race tech, etc. If you do your own valving/stacks you can volunteer your own stacks. Or if FConnection comes over here and drops their stack information on the site it would be fair game. You just wouldn't be able to go to FC, have your suspension redone, tear it apart yourself, measure the stacks, and report your findings here. The Professional tuners spend waaaay to much time, effort and research to just have one of us hand out their information for free.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Bingo!

Guys this is taking a bit longer than exspected, and ITs all my fault.. I aplogize.. We are doing this.. I'v got to leave for Spain to meet with Tony Foale for a few days.. When I get back getting the new forum lauched will be a top priority..

Talk to you all soon.. BTW we most likely will be posting some information on my designs on here.. We've taken the steps to patent our latest and greatest stuff, so I think I can post with a reasonable degree of security.. But I want to see what direction the forums goes first...

Talk to you soon!

BR,
Jer

Top Bottom