will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
for you dallas-area folks:

on the not-so-good news front, i heard today that a woman that lives near marshall creek is petitioning to have the park shut down due to excessive noise. now, m.c. isn't usually my first choice of places to ride, but i've had some good fun there, and i imagine many of you have as well. if you know anything about this, please post and keep us informed. once we learn more, it may be time for a petition of our own. it's time we let the no-fun-having-stick-in-the-mud-holier-than-thou elitists in the world know we have a voice, and that "public lands" mean exactly that.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Please keep this post alive and let me know if I can sign anything or do anything from a far. When you get it you might post an email or something.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
I had heard rumors, but never got a confirmation.... :(
Well hopefully a petition will surface that WE can sign....
Think about this, she can prolly only get a few enviro-whackos and neighborhood citizens to sign, while we can basically get alot of people, fellow riders, that have never even been to Texas but understand land closure issues to sign. Marshall Creek is really a great place to just have a weekday ride, and it's definetly an asset to those who do not prefer to ride on tracks or race.

Actually the riding area is pretty far away from the homes. There is probably more noise from the traffic going down 377 than that of the dirtbikes :|
some people.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom