MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Yea our race is canceled, kinda makes me mad I wanted to work it guess
i'll have to work the clanton if I can now. Any of the Clanton groop out there?

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
Hey Mark it,
I'm disappointed that you guys had to cancel as I always enjoyed the races down there. I'm in the Clanton club and will be working the SERA/SETRA Harescramble on 9/23. If you want to inquire about possibly working the race, call the number on the flier or the contact number on the Club info page on the SERA website. Or you can get with the guys at the Rockford Enduro coming up in a couple of weeks. After what happened last year at Rockford I guess you may be skipping that race.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I'm in the Birmingham Club. We're the ones putting on the Clanton Enduro on Oct. 14th. The leader is Ed Bowen. I think you can get his name off of the SERA site. If not, send me a private message, and i'll let you know how to get in touch with him.

Bennie33

Jun 20, 2001
Its kinda like this: We needed to move up to the 22nd & 23rd to have our events. Rockford moved to Clantons date and Clanton move to the 23rd.
So we can't use that date & no race, harescramble nor enduro. So make sure
to enjoy the harescramble on the 23rd in Clanton. Also with SERA's new rule
masterlinks club members will not get Bonus points or awards at the banquet.
Thank everyone that made this happen!

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I just got back in town and I'm sad to hear the news. That means one less fun day in the woods for all of us.

Bennie33 - are you implying that this is Rockford's or Clanton's fault? Didn't they move their dates before you guys decided you needed to change yours? I'm guessing that they asked for the change first since theirs got moved.

I actually don't like that any of the clubs have changed dates this year. I try my best to work my travel schedule around the enduros, meaning that I have to do this 3-9 months in advance. When clubs change their dates, I often times get screwed and can't make the race.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Just checked my SERA email group mails and according to E.L., Rockford and Clanton changed their dates quite some time ago, before Masterlinks asked to change theirs. The clubs went through the HS and Enduro Chairmen to get permission to move the dates.

I also read that Masterlinks is planning on having a fun run on the same dates as the Clanton HS. I personally find that in bad taste. Is the Masterlinks club purposefully trying to draw potential riders away from a SERA sanctioned event?

Bennie, as to your comment about Masterlink riders not getting work points and year end awards. I would guess that you would be eligible to work one of the remaining enduros (Rockford, BTandT, or Perry Mountain) and still get your points. Yes, I know that sucks if you've already put in a lot of time getting the Masterlinks course in order. However, if you want to salvage the season, it seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Bennie33

Jun 20, 2001
Ok I'm sorry for implying that it was the other clubs falt for having to change their dates. I'm more upset with the new rule that your club HAS to hold an event to be elegable for year end awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't being in a club for 10 years or more mean anything. A club that has put on events for years.
I have no control at all on the decision on when we can have the events. I just help put them on. Again I apolige to the other clubs, its who voted this rule in I am having this bone with.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Bennie,

I'd be miffed also if I couldn't get my year end points. Give one of the AL clubs a call and see if you can salvage the season.

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
What will they do if someone is in first place, give the trophy to the
second place guy! that would be a joke! That sounds like one of the
GOV. laws/rules. Thanks ya'll but i think i'm going to end up working
the HI Point race if it happens, it's closer. I just joined the club and
it pi$$e$$ me off and the points wont even help me in any way. It'll
all work out in the end I'm sure.

Top Bottom