the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
placelast said:
Hey Monk: it didn't take you long to get the KX going again. It was fun riding with you at Oro/NM...

Hmm... Is this John?

Regarding the KX, I should post a picture of the cylinder and piston. The top ring was actually welded into the piston using the pencil-lead shaped furrow on the piston.

NM was a blast! I liked the hit and steering of that CR so much I'm going to mess around with my steamship-like KX. I'm going to take off the flywheel weight (free) and slide the forks up about 10mm in the clamps (another freebie). See if I can liven it up a bit.

I'm already looking forward to the next trip out there.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Monk: Scott, Mark, and I rode Muenster Thursday, and it was great. Could even have been a bit wetter, but traction was near perfect. I flattened both tires on a rock almost immediately, so had to park the 450. I rode the GG 300 and Mark got demoted to the 200. We had a great day. Then Mark and I hit the Kiamichi Saturday for 70 miles of pure fun (except for the One Mile of Hell, which lived up to its name.)

Glad you have the KX running so quickly. I feel terrible about its blowing up in NM. That ride we took while you were on the CR was one of my favorites ever. I have it stored as a track in my GPS. Can't wait to ride it again. Maybe a shorter trip this fall is in order. How cool would that be for Thanksgiving? Leave Weds. noon, ride Thurs, Fri, and Sat, home Sunday. I want a close-ratio bike before then. I'm seriously considering the YZ 450F or maybe an '08 KTM 450 XC or whatever they're calling it next year.

Anyway, hope you had fun Sunday. We're thinking about Barnwell or Kiamichi this coming Saturday.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
JMD said:
Anyway, hope you had fun Sunday. We're thinking about Barnwell or Kiamichi this coming Saturday.

Didn't get in too much riding on Sunday, but some is always better than none.

This weekend the kiddo plans have taken hold: RiverValley on Sat for a couple of hours, then Sunday with my boy and I at Muenster (if he doesn't get in trouble at school again, that is).

Top Bottom