Oct 10, 2004
I am posting this to see how much interest there is in making a run up to the Bobcaygeon/Minden area on the long weekend in may. If you are unfamilliar wiht the area it is woods and some rock riding. there are many established snowmobile and jeep trails all throughout the area. The 24th weekend is a very buisy weekend for that region as there are allways hunderds of offroaders either driving jeeps,quads or bikes. I was there last year dooing the jeep thing and it was a blast except for all the rain at night. If you are interested please post I might go by myself but would rather a group of people go up togeather. You can either camp or there are several hotels/motels/cabins in the area. I will gather the details from the jeep guys I know and post it when i have it. it is open to anybody who would like to go and I know there are a few southren ontario guys in here that might be interested. and to anyone in the states come up do some biking and drink some real beer and bring up some strong stuff

Oct 10, 2004
ya lee try and save 200.00 or more if you want camping was I belive 15 a night for tents and no the animals dont scare me as much as bad drivers do. I think gas will run about 80.00 max for there and back plus driving around. then just gas for the bike an camping I will try and find out the details this friday then I can make a better assesment.

on a side note I have heard back from Peer Lovel about the trip but i sent out more emails so please resopmd either way if you are going or not. Once I have things worked out I will try to set up a meeting somewhere where everyone can get to easily

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Yea im in I'll have 200 plus by then. :cool: The bad drivers can't get any worse then that girl who almost backed into us the other day? :pissed: :yikes: .

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I'm interested.I'll let you know one way or the other a bit closer to May 24 if thats okay ? Would we carpool? I wonder how difficult it will be to get a campsite with short notice on May 24 long weekend in that area ?
Sounds like fun

Oct 10, 2004
the campsite is not too hard to get as long as you book it. as for car pool i can carry 1 more person and 1 more bike if needed

Milhaus

Jan 26, 2005
Guys, any idea on the facilities there? i.e. showers, washrooms, etc?
Is the terrain better suited for a 125 or a 250? not sure which to bring, my bike or wifey's.

Oct 10, 2004
it is tons of hills that can have rock or dirt, depends what your bikes are i'd bring a dualsport if i were you. I stayed at noogies creek campground last year. they had showers and toilets

Milhaus

Jan 26, 2005
Hmm.....no, neither is a dual sport, both are MX. Guess its the 125, since I prob wouldnt be able to get the 250's rpms up high enough to make it worthwhile.
Unless the hills are really steep, or give lots of air on a launch....then the 250 would be sweet!

Oct 10, 2004
you wont be getting much air off these hills unless you want to end up in a tree. I would go for whichever has a smoother powerband and a little bit more torque

Top Bottom