Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Capturing the thrilling action of one of the world’s most exciting sports and its extensive audience, NBC Sports has completed a deal with Wasserman Media Group and Jeremy McGrath to broadcast the first-ever “Jeremy McGrath Invitational,” a groundbreaking Supercross-style race event.

Via a strategic partnership between Jeremy McGrath, the seven-time AMA Supercross Champion, and Wasserman Media Group, the Jeremy McGrath Invitational will invite the top 20 racers from Supercross to compete for $500,000, the largest purse ever offered in the sport. McGrath will also participate as a rider.

The NBC program will air on October 22, 2006 and feature the heart-pounding races, entertainment and excitement of the invitational from The Home Depot Center, on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson, California. The Jeremy McGrath Invitational will be held October 6 and 7.

"I am thrilled about the fact that we’ve captured the interest of a major network like NBC. I know we are going to have a race like no one who follows the sport has ever seen before, and I am really proud to have my name associated with NBC and this event,” said McGrath.

The broadcast agreement is between MCISX, LLC, the McGrath/WMG partnership entity, and NBC Sports. Wasserman Media Group will tap its marketing and event divisions to produce and promote this full-scale event.

The Jeremy McGrath Invitational will mark a departure from traditional Supercross/Motocross racing events due to a unique track design as well as new and challenging race formats. To challenge the elite 20 riders, a customized, large-scale track will be built by celebrated track designer, Randy Mennenga. The invitational will also feature multiple formats with both a main event and head-to-head racing.

For more information please log onto www.mcgrathinvite.com.

Top Bottom