Ward

Jan 23, 2006
I just have to vent along the same lines as some of the people in the Evart post.

By way of background coming from SE Michgan I have grown up riding the trails in the Rose City/St. Helen area. They are only 2 hours away and the nearest trails since Gladwin has already been surrendered to the quads. I have always enjoyed riding the MCCCT in the area, especially the past five years since the Bent Wheels/CCC layed out the new trail from the Rose City loop to St. Helen.

Unfortunately when the new trail was put in the MCCCT was redesignated ORV trail. More and more the trail was being used by quads, but has still remained challenging and relatively tight. I haven't really ridden this trail since last Fall. Well I rode it yesterday from Ambrose Lake to Ogemaw Hills. The place is a freeway now. The trail went from 50" to six feet wide with of course two sets of berms.

Well now we have to drive even further North for the good stuff. I hope the redesignation of MCCCT to ORV Trail is not a trend.

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
I rode the Denton leota trails last summer, they seemed like decent trails. I liked them better than the st. helen trails. I don't ever hear anyone talking about those trails, they must not be that popular

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Cheater said:
I rode the Denton leota trails last summer, they seemed like decent trails. I liked them better than the st. helen trails. I don't ever hear anyone talking about those trails, they must not be that popular

Because they are full of quads and dangerous.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom