TWright43

Apr 21, 2000
Today after making a 2 1/2 hour drive to pick up some parts for a tractor i was rewarded big time. as i get off of the freeway i look over and on the same lot as the place i am going is a supercross track. who is that riding on it, whoa it is carmichael and ronocada. who else is there? oh casey lytle, michael byrne and one other guy i cant tell who it is.

i found kawasakis test track. OH MY GOD is that one rough track. RC is flyin around it. Ronocada is a bit slower but not big time. this track was rough enough to break someones frame.

when i walked out of there i had me a carmichael jersey and the best of all a ronocada helmet. it was his bell from team YOT.

to make a long story even longer, i got to talk to mitch payton, he said if i call the PC office he would be able to get me a deal on a pipe and silencer. that guy is way cool.

Fro wasnt there when i was but i was told he was on his way. i had to leave because i was on company time otherwise i would have been able to talk to him.

this was a good day.
back on topic, McGrath needs to watch his back, and if someone else was able to see what i saw, they would agree.

------------------
92 CR 250 (backup bike)
96 CR 250 (main bike)
99 YZ 90 (mucho fun play bike)

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
so you going to tell us where this is at? I know where the honda test track is but i have never been their. I wounder if they would let me in to talk to the riders too? Hmm gotta try some day i guess.

-Brent

------------------

00 CR250

TWright43

Apr 21, 2000
if you wanna know email me, it isnt fenced off so you can just walk in

------------------
92 CR 250 (backup bike)
96 CR 250 (main bike)
99 YZ 90 (mucho fun play bike)

Mik

Jul 8, 2000
Lame excuse...
"I've won a RC Jersey and a Ronron helmet nananana..."
Anyway, you're absolutly right... MC will have to shape up, or he will have a rough year in 2001. RC, Ronron, Vuillemin, Tortelli... specially the "Cobra"... man, did you see the way he flied in Bercy?... Just amazing...

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I agree with Senior kx,RC has made the necessary adjustments and he'll have Mcgrath seeing GREEN!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I have a feeling we'll be seeing this thread again in about six months. :)

Buzzsaw

Oct 7, 1999
4strokeVET, That is the same thing MC said about RC in one of his latest interviews.... RC isn't consistent enough for an SX championship. I wouldn't be so sure. I think he (RC) has the determination and drive to MAKE himself be a factor indoors this year. And I belive he will own the outdorrs for years to come.

Mike-200

Aug 22, 2000
Don't count pastrana out. Even though its his first series on the 250, he'll probably win a few rounds, or at least be a thorn in the side of the more experienced 250 riders. Also don't count out Windham. If he can get his head into it, he has the skills to win also. I don't think lusk will do much, especially considering his luck. Same with Ryno. I think that Carmichael will do very well or will have a terrible season. I also think that MC will continue to dominate, but if RC has enough speed to keep up with MC then ricky will win due to better physical and mental conditioning and drive. I doubt Villumin will do much, but you never know. What do you guys think of Grant Langston on the ktm 125?

------------------
'98 ktm 200exc

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Now come on Mike 200 DV not doing to well did you watch last year?Ryno isnt riding the sx series he is preparing the 4 stroke for the outdoor.As for Langston he is very fast but to impatient and has had some big crashes recently.he would be better sitting out the sx series doing the outdoors then learning the next sx series- i know he wont though.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
This could be the year of Larocco. Look ow he won the world title, the same way Ferry won the 125EAST. While those other guys are more worried about the KING, Larocco will be on the poduim every week. The compition is going to be so much that DV, Mc, RC are going to hit the dirt a few more times than Larocco. He will ride the series just like he does every year.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I have to agree with Jake. LaRocco may just come in and cinch the overall with consistency (if he can get those starts). I love watching him dice his way from the back of the pack... only every now and then though. I'd much rather see him out front on the start more often, as I'm sure he would also.

I'll root for LaRocco as long as he's in the sport.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I think that MC will pull it off again this year, but with more difficulty. I think that it would be great to see Larocco pull the upset, but I don't think that it's realistic. Yes he trains hard and yes he's consistantly on the podium, but he hasn't won a US supercross or a US National (used to be his strong point) in a while. I think that he will be up there, as always, but won't get enough 1st and 2nd's to win the title.

I think that it will be very interesting to see what the French do this year. Tortelli is improving (still don't think that he'll be a real contender for the crown). Villemin had a tough National season, will he be able to get it back together? Will Roncada make a smooth transition to the 250's?

It should also be fun to watch RC and MC go at it. I remember last year when RC stuffed MC in a corner and MC just shook his head and (I think) passed RC back. If that goes on much this year, we may see them both on the ground quite a bit.

All I know is that this SHOULD be a very exciting SX season!

[This message has been edited by Bill Purcell (edited 12-07-2000).]

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There is a lot of talent in the 250 SX this year. I personally want to see Larocco get good starts. Have you seen that guy go throught he pack when he gets a bad start? He is easily the fastest on the track.

It's wide open. You never know what's going to happen.

------------------
40 something and still no direction except toward the track!

Short term goal: Go riding today
Long term goal: Go riding tomorrow

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
First of all, the races are way to short. 20 minute main events is a joke. They should go to 30 laps (except Daytona, which should be 25) and start seperating the men from the boys. LaRacco would probably have 3 titles by now if the races were 30 minutes.

Secondly, stop making the same rock hard smooth, cookie cutter, glorified bmx track for every damn race. McGrath has these tracks so down pat it's ridiculous. I'll admit that the air time is awsome, but the race ALWAYS comes down to the start. I thought the best track last year was at Las Vegas, where the track went outside and the guys actually got out of 2nd gear for a while. Also, Daytona is always a different type track and very challenging.

My heart says LaRocco, my head says Jeremy or RC.

TWright43

Apr 21, 2000
Not one of you mentioned Ezra Lusk.
I know there are a lot of people that dont like him but that doesnt matter.

This year is set to be one of the best of all time with 6 or 7 real title threats.

Not nec. in order but here are the top imo

MC
RC
Vullimen
Lusk
LaRocco
Pastrana
Ronocada(you never know)
and if he gets his head out of his ass
Windham

Apr 16, 2001
Everyone is bringing up good points about this years SX series. RC has matured and will be in the hunt this year. Roncada, after the switch to Kawasaki, and moving up to the 250's will probably have a learning year. LaRocco will hang tuff as always, and if he can get a start, although history says he won't, he'll be at the front of the pack. Windham has the potential, but IMHO, lets too much of his personal life spill into his professional life. The "Cobra" will give MC a run. He's has already proven the aggressive nature needed, and will be more familiar this year with the tracks and the way the whole deal works. The wild card is Pastrana. He truly has no fear, and sometimes rides over his head and gets others into trouble on the track. At any rate, it looks to be a great season, and my tickets are already ordered for the STL SX at the Dome. Where else can you get this kind of entertainment for 30.00? Gates open at 12:30 for practice, races at 7:00, pit pass for 10.00. For my 40.00, that works out to about 4.00 an hour for 10 hours of intense eye candy, sweet smelling race gas and several autographs. See ya at the races!

------------------
One is glad to be of use...

[This message has been edited by Bicentennial Man (edited 12-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bicentennial Man (edited 12-12-2000).]

Top Bottom