Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
American Supercamp and White Brothers Racing announced today an exciting new racing partnership in 2004 with the official signing of Jeremy McGrath. McGrath, a seven time Supercross champion and a member of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame, will be joining the American Supercamp/White Brothers Racing/Fun Bike Center/Honda Supermoto team to ride alongside teammate Steve Drew in AMA Supermoto Series events.

Since his official retirement from the Supercross circuit in January of 2003, McGrath has been fueling his desire for competition by racing in the AMA Supermoto series and riding select motocross events, along with sampling motorcycle road racing and occasionally trying his hand racing on four wheels. Although he has left the intense level of competition that Supercross demands behind him, McGrath is still one of the most exciting motorcycle racers to ever don a helmet.

“I’m definitely thrilled about this new opportunity,” McGrath commented. “I really like racing Supermoto, and having support like this and a bike like the Honda CRF450 makes it more fun for me. I know the guys at White Brothers and Supercamp will provide me with the best possible equipment and I can just enjoy racing.”

Drew, who works full-time for White Brothers Manufacturing, finished tenth in the 2003 Supermoto team standings aboard his White Brothers Racing Moto Master Brent Honda and looks to improve on that position in 2004.

Steve remarked, “There’s no better situation that I can find myself in to go racing this year than this one. I’ve got great sponsors behind me like Supercamp and White Brothers Racing, and I ride Hondas. And then to have Jeremy on the team – what Jeremy can bring to the team with his experience is huge. I’m definitely looking forward to being able to practice and test with him and just trying to feed off of him. It’s definitely to my advantage. I’m pretty excited..”

Mike Bell, White Brothers Racing COO and 1980 Supercross champion stated, “There’s not a more well known name in motocross than Jeremy McGrath, we’re more than excited to have him join the White Brothers Racing team. Jeremy brings the finishing touches to our Supermoto efforts and will be racing along with our in house competitor, Steve Drew. We’re looking for an exciting year of racing from this team and feel that along with our White Brothers Racing equipped and race-prepped machines, we’re sure to be a strong contender to the field.”

American Supercamp’s President Danny Walker added, “This is a perfect fit for American Supercamp with both our regular dirt track camps and our Supermoto camps. It’s a natural progression for us to be on the leading edge of the techniques that riders like McGrath and Drew use.” Walker, who partnered with Cameron Gray of RPM (promoter of the Honda Superbike Classic at Laguna Seca) to field a Supermoto team in 2003 continued, “We’re big fans of the Supermoto series, and I’m enthusiastic about having riders like Steve Drew and Jeremy McGrath involved with American Supercamp.”

The team will be competing in all AMA Supermoto events, and McGrath may also be involved in a coaching role with the Honda Rider’s Club of America Junior Supermoto Challenge, a support event to the Supermoto Series that selects young riders from around the country to participate in Supermoto racing aboard Honda CRF150s. For more information please call White Brothers Racing at 714-692-3404.

B

Burti38@aol

Way To Go Mcgrath!!!

Way to hang in for the fun of motocross and supercross! I alway's have and always will think your the greatest! I hope to be just like you when I grow-up! YES! My grandmother lived 5 houses away from you in California. Your the greatest and you will always be #1 in my eyes!!!

Your BIGGEST Fan,
Jonathan Burton

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Looks to me like last year KTM had plenty of the "top" riders.
Bringing in ringers from the euro series.
I sure hope Jeremy doesn't have to ride maxxis like Steve Drew.
American Supercamp puts on a great show I am stoked that they have Jeremy.
He might even get a podium finish this year!

Ebert150f

Apr 2, 2004
McGrath #1

Okiewan said:
American Supercamp and White Brothers Racing announced today an exciting new racing partnership in 2004 with the official signing of Jeremy McGrath. McGrath, a seven time Supercross champion and a member of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame, will be joining the American Supercamp/White Brothers Racing/Fun Bike Center/Honda Supermoto team to ride alongside teammate Steve Drew in AMA Supermoto Series events.

Since his official retirement from the Supercross circuit in January of 2003, McGrath has been fueling his desire for competition by racing in the AMA Supermoto series and riding select motocross events, along with sampling motorcycle road racing and occasionally trying his hand racing on four wheels. Although he has left the intense level of competition that Supercross demands behind him, McGrath is still one of the most exciting motorcycle racers to ever don a helmet.

“I’m definitely thrilled about this new opportunity,” McGrath commented. “I really like racing Supermoto, and having support like this and a bike like the Honda CRF450 makes it more fun for me. I know the guys at White Brothers and Supercamp will provide me with the best possible equipment and I can just enjoy racing.”

Drew, who works full-time for White Brothers Manufacturing, finished tenth in the 2003 Supermoto team standings aboard his White Brothers Racing Moto Master Brent Honda and looks to improve on that position in 2004.

Steve remarked, “There’s no better situation that I can find myself in to go racing this year than this one. I’ve got great sponsors behind me like Supercamp and White Brothers Racing, and I ride Hondas. And then to have Jeremy on the team – what Jeremy can bring to the team with his experience is huge. I’m definitely looking forward to being able to practice and test with him and just trying to feed off of him. It’s definitely to my advantage. I’m pretty excited..”

Mike Bell, White Brothers Racing COO and 1980 Supercross champion stated, “There’s not a more well known name in motocross than Jeremy McGrath, we’re more than excited to have him join the White Brothers Racing team. Jeremy brings the finishing touches to our Supermoto efforts and will be racing along with our in house competitor, Steve Drew. We’re looking for an exciting year of racing from this team and feel that along with our White Brothers Racing equipped and race-prepped machines, we’re sure to be a strong contender to the field.”

American Supercamp’s President Danny Walker added, “This is a perfect fit for American Supercamp with both our regular dirt track camps and our Supermoto camps. It’s a natural progression for us to be on the leading edge of the techniques that riders like McGrath and Drew use.” Walker, who partnered with Cameron Gray of RPM (promoter of the Honda Superbike Classic at Laguna Seca) to field a Supermoto team in 2003 continued, “We’re big fans of the Supermoto series, and I’m enthusiastic about having riders like Steve Drew and Jeremy McGrath involved with American Supercamp.”

The team will be competing in all AMA Supermoto events, and McGrath may also be involved in a coaching role with the Honda Rider’s Club of America Junior Supermoto Challenge, a support event to the Supermoto Series that selects young riders from around the country to participate in Supermoto racing aboard Honda CRF150s. For more information please call White Brothers Racing at 714-692-3404.

Ebert150f

Apr 2, 2004
I have alot of respect for McGrath, and I am glad that he is still doing some sort of racing. I hope this type of racing is on regular cable somewhere, because I want to watch this talented rider make some more records.

Top Bottom