MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I know we are talking about a fantastic rider, but really at that level, they all are. What I have noticed while watching the races is that whenever Jeremy goes through the whoops sections his bike stays perfectly straight. If you watch any of the other riders, their bikes sway from side to side, the rear kicking back and forth. What is different about his suspension that keeps his bike straight while everyone elses kicks back and forth? Is it his suspension or is it just Jeremy?

I am not sure if this should be in the suspension forum or the riding tech forum. Mods, move it if you think it needs to be in another forum.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I have read that Jeremy runs more rebound damping than most.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Vic,
I've read the same thing, and I don't see it watching the bike, except when he trys to leave the corner with a bunch of acceleration bumps.. Most times a stiff rebound setting will only cause a bike to pack worse.. I beilve Jeremy is very good at whoops, more than his bike is supiour...

Regards,
Jer

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Jeremy Wilkey
I beilve Jeremy is very good at whoops, more than his bike is supiour...

Regards,
Jer
I was trying to look at his body positioning maybe that's it. If you mods dont mind, I'd like to now post this (something similar) in Wardy's forum and explore the technique aspect of it more.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
The rear has the same travel as the stock (315mm), but they’ve replaced the rear shock/spring and reservoir with a more adjustable and higher-rate unit.
I also read that their bikes are mechanically identical, but that they are set up very differently, I don't know if that includes the suspension reservoir. :confused: I would agree the units look very different, Jeremy's look larger and seems to come out farther, Tim's looks smaller and a little squared off.
Got all the info here

Top Bottom