Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
RC, K-Dub and the Hillbilly,
Travis backs out.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Seems to be a wise move by the youngster. Shows some maturity on his part as well. We still have a very strong MX des Nations team with Windham and Brownie. Its there job to take on the world.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
If he needs time to rest up why is he compeating in the X-games freestyle this week? It seems that if he was serious about trying to get it togeather and win the outdoor season after a couple of hard crashes, (he's only 11 ppoints back) freestyle is the last thing he should be doing.
I wonder if it has to do with sponsorship could Suzuki be pushing him to do freestyle and not care as much about MdN. X-games draw a huge young following and will probably do more to sell bikes for Suzuki than him riding MdN would.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Quote Racer X

Travis Pastrana withdrew from the first moto at Millville this afternoon while running third near the halfway point. He said he did not feel comfortable on the motorcycle, but it was not his head - rather his fitness - that was giving him problems. Pastrana hasn't been on a bike much in the last few weeks due to his recent string of concussions, and decided to pull off rather than risk another big crash. Pastrana said that he will not race again this year, in order to give his head and body a rest. He also said he thought Mike Brown should take his place on Team USA for the upcoming Motocross des Nations in Namur, Belgium. Going into the second moto at Millville, [Edited Millville results] . It is also unlikely that Travis will compete in the remainder of the X Games.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Travis is wise . . .

I hate to see him drop out, but is probably best. Let's face it - racing are freestyle are two different venues, and require different fitness levels. I think it shows maturity and intelligence to make the decision that he did. I want to see him race next year! He is exciting to watch.:) Good to see Carmicheal back on top, eh?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Im glad to see Brown on the team. I think he is a better choice. (although Travis would probably push himself harder for the team) Brown has the skill and talent for the fast stuff. I think they will need it. The Home team is gonna have a big advantage........

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Good move to pull out. I just hope its soon enough. He's been an accident waiting to happen for a while now. As I posted a while back I worry for this guy. Problem with multiple concussions is that permanent damage happens.:(

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
freestyle lasts 3min. mx you have 2 20mn practices, and 2 30min motos. brown is more familiar with europe tracks. i think its a good decision.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm still wondering... WHAT THE HECK IS K-DUB GONNA RIDE??

A beefed up and overbored RM 250 or what? Anyone hear anything?

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Did the 125 World Championships run at Namur last year? That could give Brown a better chance on the track than TP if he is a little bit familiar with it. I have a feeling that we'll see RC and K-Dub both on 250's. Last year we sent two 250's with RC and Ryno, so why not again? A better question for RC is what color will his bike be?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Nikki said:

I'm still wondering... WHAT THE HECK IS K-DUB GONNA RIDE??

Exactly. If 2 250's go this year, I'll be deeply saddened. I guess I don't know how the scoring works, but it's RIDICULOUS to send 2 250's over there and call ONE of them an open class bike. Also, ironically, the original 250 rider is typically faster than the one sent over there as an "open" rider/bike. What the hell? :silly:

Top Bottom