MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
After 2 years in a row of failing to meet EVERYONE at dirtweek I am planning to make a list of people that I MUST meet. Of course I am going to TRY to visit with everyone but it gets hard when you see old friends and then spend way more of your time visiting with them than you planned. Anywho - is anybody planning on name tags with screen names or anything? I'll have mine on the back of my CP but most people won't see that unless they're lapping me. I am also wondering if a list of all those registered will be published? I know about the list for bike numbers but I've no idea if those are all going - or not etc.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Nobody will have any trouble finding me, just LOOKOUT for #13 and general superstitiously related bad things going an with an air of general insanity about it. :eek: :)

I already have my list of people I really want to meet, :p :scream: but like TTR, I plan to get around the place and meet as many as I can.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I had to log in too, then came back to this page and it let me through.

It is in the DW Forum, "Registrants" keyword.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by RoosteR13
Nobody will have any trouble finding me, just LOOKOUT for #13 and general superstitiously related bad things going an with an air of general insanity about it. :eek: :)

Just watch out for that lucky #13. I ran that number last year at DirtWeek and wound up taking home the coveted "Flappin Fender Award". :) I admit it was a nice prize to receive but would of much rather not received it and been able to spend more time riding. :whiner: So heed this warning, It may not be a number you really want. An if your bike has major mechanical/rider problems than we know it is the #13 causing it. :scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'll be the one in the Kispy Kream hat, with horns!:) Or, I'll go shirtless and you can look for the whipping marks!:D

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I will be the fat guy on the orange #768 mini bike (380 ktm)........

B

biglou

I've still got my name tag from '01. If they aren't provided for us this year, I will update mine with my new avatar. Either way, I'll have one on. I also have "Big Lou" on the back of my chest protector. That's been there for a couple years now.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I am going to have my screen name on my number plate's underneath the number. It will help people identify who just fell doing what.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
In reality, #13 has been lucky for me, so if something does go awry, then we know it's the combination of DW and the #13. I mean really, just this morning I had a black cat cross in front of me while I was walking under a ladder to pick up the shards from the mirror I dropped when I saw a bunch of buzzards circling overhead. Nothing bad has happened. Except for that little incident at lunch with the piano falling out of the third floor of the hotel.......well, there was that car that t-boned me too......oh, and then this afternoon I stepped on a rake and it smacked my right in the........hmmmm, I may have to rethink this.........

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
The guy at Taco Bueno asked me if I was "that lead singer for Limp Bizkit" the other day.

So look for Fred Durst on a walker if you looking for me.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Milk
The guy at Taco Bueno asked me if I was "that lead singer for Limp Bizkit" the other day.

:)

i'll be the guy on crutches.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have must meet list as well but want to somehow meet everyone, if possible.

I PMed Okie about bringing my camera (it's pro, I'm not) and putting together a CD of the happenings for everyone. That will require that people put their names down on my little pad that I'll carry. I will try and identify everyone in the slides and build a powerpoint of them before putting them on the CD. Also, the natural size of the photo is 20x30 and about 1.4 Meg per shot. I would like some feedback as to whether to shrink them down before putting them on the CD. I will personally have the full size, if someone wants the efile to burn a copy from, I could always send it to them.

Y'all be sure and bring your best cheese with you for the party pix. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
10-4, We'll hook up at DW and you can fill me in on the exact drill.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tony - good luck on your quest of meeting everyone. I had (and still have) the same aspirations the first two years. Problems arise when you start meeting people (everyone is so cool to talk to for hours on end) - then you get a few buds that like to ride the same kind of terrain, speed etc... before you know it you have loaned/borrowed tools to/from everyone under the sun, talked at length with a bunch of great folks, said hi and introduced yourself (all to briefly) to some others and its time to go home :( It should be DirtMonth '02

I think from the first DirtWeek - I really remembered vividly (2 weeks later) about 40-50 people. Some others I recognized faces or names or wrecks etc. I think there were ~ 110 riders.

I still can't remember who it was that augered on the MX track so hard they literally tore their pants 80% of the way off - and had 8 lbs of mud stuck to the side of their helmet :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Luckily, Im not a fun guy to talk with and the conversation will be crappy. That will make it easy for you guys to meet more people and not spend much time on me. :D

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OK Milk, your on .... I've been told I would talk to a fire plug and most people think I can get it to answer .... It might be the voices within ... mmmmm :uh:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The night before Mini-Dirtweek I made up a list of Screen names and bike numbers to take with me and then left it at home. Grrrrrrrr. Milk don't sell yourself short I enjoyed talking to you. My problem, well I have a lot of problems, is that I am terrible with names and usually forget them before I am done talking to the person I just met. So I will be the guy running around peeing on everyone's tires so that I can remember where I have been. Now if I could only remember where I was going.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Im really just teasing guys.

There will be a line forming at my truck and, more than likely heading out of the gate, just to say hi to the infamous Milk. :D

There really is more to Milk than meets the eye. Im kinda like a Transformer.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Milk
Luckily, Im not a fun guy to talk with and the conversation will be crappy. That will make it easy for you guys to meet more people and not spend much time on me. :D
ROFLMAO.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
For some unexplainable reason, the only place people want to meet me is on the track. :confused:

I won't be needing a name tag. I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the one under a pile of bikes in every corner. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Those that come by the Heartland Spodes encampment will likely remember us. We seem to always have food in our mouths. Plus, MX547 will have some fancy hardware to show off. TX246 will have duct tape rapped around his cast holding on after he cuts it off. Milk will have the walker with knobbies. Justql will be pushing his 300 in from the woods:moon:. Lorin will tell you that he doesn't understand why everyone doesn't ride a 500. Me, well, I'll draw the crowd that thinks I'm dead as I wiggle all my toes and fingers carefully after a crash:scream:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom