Meridian Miss. riding area

HUSKwKDX

Oct 4, 2001
Is the Meridian dirtbike park area open for riding?
If this is true, I will be soooo :)

Last edited:

WBBLUE272

Nov 1, 2002
I just heard that Meridian is not open again yet. Our club was planning a ride there on Nov 16 and 17 but it looks like we will be changing our location. I noticed that you are in NW Florida. I am in Pensacola. Have you gone to our club website for Northwest Florida. It is NFSAMC.COM
We are having an organized club event this weekend at Bethel ATV trail near Biloxi, MS and another one on some private land in Chipley, FL next weekend. Send me an e-mail if you want more info.
WBBLUE272@cs.com

Wayne

HUSKwKDX

Oct 4, 2001
Wayne,
I've been to the nfsamc web page. Not sure I understand the whys of not being able to ride there. Political??
We hope to be at Chipley this weekend too, providing it doesn't get rained out again.

Dave

WBBLUE272

Nov 1, 2002
THE RIDING AREA WAS UNDER CONTRACT TO BE SOLD TO A DEVELOPER. HE WAS GOING TO PUT IN A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY. THE CLUB HAD TO CLOSE DOWN THE AREA INCLUDING TAKING DOWN THE GATES, SIGNS ETC. THE DEAL FELL THROUGH WITH THE DEVELOPER AND THE LOCAL CLUB IS WORKING WITH THE CITY TO RE-ESTABLISH THE RIDING AREA. THEY HAD NOT GOTTEN THE FORMAL APPROVAL FROM THE CITY YET AND DON'T WANT TO JEAPODIZE THE CHANCES. RANDY SAID THAT IT SHOULDN'T BE LONG.

WAYNE

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…