JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
My 02 Gas Gas 125 MC has a Messico pipe. I am wondering if it is more of a torque or rev pipe. Does anyone know about this pipe?
I am looking for a little more low end, although this bike is pretty good and super smooth just like it is.

Thanks
JCW

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
I have the Messico pipe on my EC200. Plenty of low end grunt for a 200. Not sure what it would be like on a 125???

ASk this same question @ WWW.SMACKOVERMOTORSPORTS.COM

Go to the talking SMACK page!

Rick
D-36
AMA

CagivaWMX

Apr 16, 2002
I know they come stock on the Gas Gas's but I probably am the only one in the US with any experience with Messico on other brands. I've rode in Italy and used them on KTM, Husqvarna and Yamaha (all 125's) in my experience they are super strong, top end orienated, rev-forever pipes. They are for wide open fast GP style mx tracks. This is my experience. I love them, but the one's I've ran are not really easy to use. But they make two different pipes for each model, and I am sure the enduro pipes are great at that type of riding. Personally I think they kill all the American comanies products.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks for the info. If this turns out to be a rev pipe I am considering an FMF fatty to give me a little more low end.

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
JCW, I have a GG 125XC and changed to a Fatty, just like you I wanted more low end torque. Right off the bottom my bike has very little torque,but it picks up pretty fast after that with the Fatty. Do you have WP forks on your bike, I'm just curious?

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
phildvr,

Thanks for the advice on the pipe. Sounds like the Messico is probably as good as the Fatty. I do have WP forks. They were sent to Pro Action and they are too strong for my 16 year old. I am going to have them re-valved for a lighter enduro rider. I tried to trade locally with a few people to avoid the hassle and expense of sending them off, but there aren't too many GG riders around here.

My e-mail is jwoods100@jam.rr.com. If you come up with a way to get a little more low end out of your 125, let me know. If you give me your e-mail I will do the same. I wonder if there is any motor difference in the XC and MC, or is it just the headlight and tail light?

Thanks,
JCW

Top Bottom