Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
I ordered the metal bar cones from "Dennis Kirk" and when I recieved them their were four of them. I might have this wrong but I thought the cones take up the rubber boot from the stock clamp. If thats the case I only have two rubber boots and why they sent me four I don't know. Unless I'm missing some thing. If any one has any input on this I would apperciate it. Sorry for all the posts just trying to get the bike back together with the least amount of problems.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yup. You're missing the two that are still stuck in the clamp.

Being 'cones', one on each side wouldn't work too well, 'eh? ;)

Your use of the word 'boot' makes me wonder. We are talking about the same thing, right? The bushings that the handlebar pedestals go through? They sit in the top clamp? Right?

Do the aluminum cones you got have a rubber spacer that fits between the cone 'sets'?

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Okay Canyncarvr your getting me confused now. I'm talking about the rubber boot cone looking thin that sits in the tripple clamp. There are two cones if I remember correctly. I know one cone goes in place of the rubber one. I'm wondering where the other two go? The ones I'm talking about are under my "FRP top clamp under the bars and complete the holding of the bars to the tripple clamp. Like I stated before I only saw two because there are two bolts holding the top tripple clamps to the bottom set with cotter pins through the bolts. I hope this clears the confusion.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
There are also two cones put in from the bottom of the tripple clamp. Take out the cotter pins and remove the one piece lower bar clamp/bolt from each side of the tripple clamp. Then use a screw driver or other thin tool to push the lower cones out of the tripple clamp.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Got it, now?

Like TO said, two in the top, two in the bottom (of course, he was just guessing! ;) )

As I said, you're missing the two still stuck in the clamp.

No confusion intended.

In any case, there is understanding now?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom