bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
Anyone out there ride at Metcalf motorcycle park in Santa Clara, CA? I am a newbie and was wondering if it has good, mellow, trails for a begginner to learn?

thanks!

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Metcalf is not a challenging place to ride at all. When you get bored and want to take it up a notch, and see some prettier trails, try Hollister. To learn how to become a proficient hill climber, try Carnegie. Carnegie is not as pretty as Hollister, but will teach you how to ride hilly rocky terrain. When you can ride Carnegie, you can ride anywhere in NorCal.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Metcalf is fun, all the main trails are fairly easy, find some black diamond trails and they can be challenging.. Whereabouts are you from??

bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
I live in san francisco, but i keep my bike at a friends place in San leandro . . .somehow doesn't fit so well in my apartment.

Ed Silva

May 17, 2002
We link some black diamonds together and get a good workout. There are a couple trails there that some people don't know about. yes it's small but you can have fun and learn alot there.

Ed

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Metcalfs a well kept secret, definately some challenging stuff.. They have a few tracks that are groomed fairly nice, considering its a county park, they have atv track in the back, that never gets used by atv's, so last time i was there, was open to bikes.. :ride:

Mar 9, 2004
Great place for a quick work out

It is a great resource for all of the families that need a good place to ride. It's only 9 minutes from our house and a bunch of the high school riders hit it after class. It is almost always ridable even the day after rain.

Post a note when you are headed this way and I'll see if we can join you and show you around some of the hidden spots (if you are ready).

bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
Thanks Old_CA

I am going to head out there this weekend, but like I said I'M REALLY NEW to the sport, just bought my bike and this will be my first weekend out on it, so it might be best for me to put around on it a little first before I expect anyone to hang out with me on the trails!

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Practice on trail one (the entrance is on the right as you first turn into metcalf..

bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
Back in one piece!

So I just got back from my first day out on my bike and I had SOOO much fun. I went out by myself, but Metcalf was the perfect place to start out. I took your advice and rode the first trail untill I felt comfortable and then made my way around some of the other ones.

As it was my first day on a bike, the day was not without its points of hilarity as I mistakenly downshifted or upshifted into neutral a few times . . . can't quite figure out the feel with boots on . . . and the occassional scare as I locked up the front wheel going down a hill. But by days end, the bike still had never ended up horizontal . . neither on the trail nor during my valient attempts to load and unload the bike by myself.

Anyways - thanks a lot for the info guys. Hopefully soon enough I will be ready to ride with you guys. I already can't wait to go back!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Me and Kawidude (Mike) always ride out at Hollister hills, we can show you some fun trails, nothing too hard, just alot of fun.. Soon as it cools down a bit we'll be hittin it up.. YOur more than welcome too ride with us..+
BTW, you have new boots?? They may take a bit too get used too..

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
mow your lawn in your new boots. Wearing them will help with the break in.

Top Bottom