Mexican Coke For Sale

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
So they have this Coca-Cola at Costco and it's bottled in Mexico. So what, ya say. Well it uses real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup and it's better. For real, it's way better, especially when mixed with your favorite octane booster.

Just in case you were wondering.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I haven't been able to find the Mexican bottled Coke here yet, but Jones Soda is also made with real sugar.

Their cola is pretty good.. Sorta reminds me a little of RC cola, but better.

Once I am able to drive again, I'm going to check out this local Mexican supermarket, see if they have the mexican coke.

RM85, no, it's called Coca Cola. Just bottled in Mexico

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
RM85rider123 said:
that was random. Is it called something different than coca-cola?
Yes. It is called Coke with a heavy accent. And it is light years better than corn sweetened Coke.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Hey, didn't there used to be Cocaine in Coca Cola? Probly still is in that Mexican stuff. That's why you like it so much huh!?!?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Patman said:
Yes. It is called Coke with a heavy accent. And it is light years better than corn sweetened Coke.

coke with a heavy accent. :laugh:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
The authentic Mexican restaurants around here (you know, the small ones where most of the workers don't speak English and the food is hard to order, but really, really good) often serve Mexican Coke in a bottle. I didn't know they used real sugar making it, I just figured I liked it so much because I prefer my soft drinks in glass bottles, not plastic or cans.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sugar cane is much more popular to grown in the climate of Mexico than corn, hence the use of sugar instead of corn syrup to sweeten things.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Patman said:
Sugar cane is much more popular to grown in the climate of Mexico than corn, hence the use of sugar instead of corn syrup to sweeten things.

Errr... Sorry, Patman, that's not why they use it.

They use HFCS in the states due to the corn subsidies. HFCS is a lot cheaper to use than real sugar is.

Most of the "white refined sugar" we use here isn't from Cane, it's from sugar beets. It's only from Cane when the container or product says "Cane Sugar" or something similar to that.

Coke & Pepsi used to use regular sugar until the late 70's to early 80's when the gov't started proping up the corn farmers with the corn subsidy.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The only thing that bothers me about the south of the border products, is their lower standards of health? Good or bad, in a bottle and REAL sugar, it does taste better. I am a hard core coca cola drinker. IF I EVER get told I can no longer enjoy the finer things in life, I have not crossed that bridge yet! And yes, coke was refreshing, was their original logo, and it had a little bump start from cocaine! Why are you drinking a case a day? Another good thing smashed by our daddy the American government? And cocaine laced pop is making a comeback, in south America, or so the idiot box reported not too long ago. And, it still removes surface oxidation from chrome.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think we were pretty much agreeing Indy. They use cane sugar in Mexico because that's what they grow there because of climate and of course cost, here corn is king for the same reasons. Unless I am missing something?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, except for the government intervention into free enterprise, yeah I suppose we are.

Regular granulated sugar is arguably better for your health than HFCS, but since we can't have a single business fail in this country anymore, we are stuck with this nasty stuff.

I'll stick with Jones Soda, unless I can find some mexican coke.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I kinda like the octane booster, myself.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering I pretty much stick to Ozarka unless I'm looking for a mixer for my Sailor Jerry it doesn't matter a lot to me either except the sugar based Coke rocks!

Everybody wins, no child left behind, blah, blah, blah... sure glad the dinosaurs didn't look at it that way or we'd still be fighting off T-Rex on the way to the store and cleaning giant pterodactyl poop off our cars.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN

Sailor Jerry rocks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
And it's a good thing they didn't have minicycles to poison all the small dinosuars. :whoa:

I'll take your guys word on the cola deal. I usually end up with a Dos Equis and a water when I go to the Mexi place. :cool:

Come to think of it, that's all I really ever drink. Water, unless I need an "octane boost" as Pred would say. Then I use a little cola to give my sailor man some color. :)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Is this along the same lines of "Dublin Dr Pepper" vs regular Dr Pepper? The Chicken Expresses around here have the Dublin stuff that suposably has realsugar in it, much better :nod:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
edit...wiki knows all!

Dublin Dr Pepper

I couldn't find much on this Mexican Coke stuff, but I did find somewhere that claims it is a regular production "Passover Coca-Cola" made with cane sugar instead of HFCS because it is Kosher. Never seen that stuff either, though.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
The best soda I ever had was the Henry winehart root beer they developed the recipe in the 1930s as an alternitive to beer.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
+2000! on Sailor Jerry's rockin!!!

JOE! pass on the Dos Equis and try a Negro Modelo.mmmmm Looks dark but it's far from a dark beer. Very good summer beer. heck...any beer is good for that though. except warm Maeister Brau. eek :whoa:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The wife and I were just talkin' about goin' out for some mexican next week. I'll see if they have the Negro Modelo.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I will totally agree on the awsomeosity of Negro Modelo.

And by the way, if any DRNer's (that I like) are ever in the Duke City I will take you out for Mexican food that you won't soon forget. We might even have to do mulitiple dinners because it's just too awesome here.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
My lacrosse coach gave us this talk last year. He said the Hispanic Coke was much better than regular coke, but he said Jewish coke was amazing. It may be the same but he said because of a certain Jewish holiday (I forget which), they can't eat something in regular coke. Coke comes out with a special product that are sold at specialty food stores, and he said he stocks up on it during the season.

It was hilarious how he told it!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I had to give up milk because it turns out I'm lacrosse intolerant. I never even knew, for most of my life I thought underwear were supposed to look that way.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Vintage: try unpasturized and unhomogenized milk some time; not easy to come by, but I've been drinking it since 1978 - currently have a source from AZ via Tucson. Kinda difficult to find - may have to go to the source.

Can you name a few Mex restaurants, as I may pass thru 'que on the way to Moab come early May?

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…