Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hi guys, theres so many threads going regarding rides that I decided to start another :) I am open on Apr 28-29 (Sat-Sun)to ride anywhere. I prefer a one day trip for me but can meet you anywhere. I don't have a camper. I am also open for a May 4-5 ride (Fri-Sat) anywhere again. If anything matches up with your plans or free time let me know. I look forward to getting together gain and riding on drier ground with no ice and snow! I feel like I'm getting a little better every ride, now I just slow instead of really slow. :)

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
I'm right for that weekend as well. I've also know some other guys looking to go out that weekend.
I'm relatively new to the state so am open for riding area suggestions, though I'd prefer to stay within a 3 - 31/2 hour drive of Detroit.

------------------
Yes it's fast...........No, you can't touch it!

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I'm also open for that weekend (28-29)
How about Evart or Leota? Never been to Evart but both look centrally located.

May 4-5 looks good also for me to meet up for a ride.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"

xr600r

Apr 15, 2001
you guy's should go to the rites of spring
trail tour may 5 and 6,it is put on by the
cycle conservation club.
for more info check out cycle conservation
club.org

------------------

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I agree with XR600. This event has a lot of riders, but we should use it as an opportunity to meet other DRN members. I think Okie should add an item to the DRN marketing items. We need one of those flags that attaches to your car window with the DRN logo. This item would make it easier to identify other DRNers.

------------------

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Jeff Allen:
Anybody going to the Rites of Spring ride?

YES, I think I am going to try that one to meet some CCC members and ride some trail in Baldwin. I'm looking for a ride on Sunday this weekend - I would love to try that Geels loop in Roscommon.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

olson_jr

Mar 7, 2000
Geels has a couple of fun loops that combine tight single track, some fast open single track, and some two track. It seems like just when you start to get tired of the tight stuff you get a chance to WOT up through the gears. It also has some elevation changes that make for nice views in the early spring and fall before the foilage fills in. It hasn't been used as much as some of the other trails in the central part of the state so it isn't too worn out like Gladwin or Leota. The two-tracks do get a bit whooped out during the season but shouldn't be too bad yet. It's also marked quite well so you will know when you blow by a turn, and I guarantee you will miss at least one turn per loop. I have spotted a bear on the south loop and have also rode 2 1/2 loops with broken ribs.

Can you tell I like these loops?

Try it you will like it.

------------------

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
We had a group of 6 rider's this past Sunday that rode the geel's loop. Pretty nice trails.We enjoyed the north loop more,it was in better shape.The south loop had alot more whoops but had some nice clear cut areas.Make sure that you take a camera for all the wild life.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr426
chrome don't get you home

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
A few of us rode Geels also on saturday. I give it a thumbs up. They were better than the loops I'd ridden the previous weekend at Baldwin and Muskegon.

------------------
Yes it's fast...........No, you can't touch it!

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
fred, thanks for the e-mail, i have'nt had time to reply, verrryyyy busy! i think i'm going to take this weekend off and devote it to the 300 so i can try to make it to the ccc ride the next sunday! how was the golf? i might break out the clubs sunday also!

------------------
95 MXC 300
96 RXC 400
Distrct 14,MCCC,AMA

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
WALKMAN

I had the most fun I ever had in my life golfing Sat in KY, warm weather, loads of beer and 36 holes of golf with 8 guys. We had a blast with a scrambles format and team scoring. Most of my shots sucked. I'm going to CCC ride too, plan on possibly riding with Dave M on Friday in Cadillac and then the CCC on Sat. I'm going to Moorestown this Sat to ride their loop with Dave Sr and Jr at the Jackpine starting grounds. Lots of great Enduro memories there! :)

See you in Baldwin in 2 weeks.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred and Walkman, I can see a trail ride and golf weekend on the horizon for us. Anybody else interested?

Walkman, I thought you had the 300 together already. I did not realize it was the four stroke that caused you the pain. Get it ready for Baldwin and we can "float rather than thump over the whoops".

------------------

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I got ride of my clubs about 3 years ago after I realized it had been 5 years since I last went.

But I will ride with you guys anytime.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Fatherandson,
I'll be there. Is anybody going to be camping at Wiskey creek?

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jeff, I have relatives in Ludington. So I will not be camping that weekend. I know Fred T will be staying in a hotel. I am not sure about the other guys.

------------------

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Actually I think I will sleep in the back of my Blazer for one night at Whiskey creek. I'll be in a White Chev. Blazer with a Kaw KDX and trailer. I'll be the short guy with a beer in his hand. :) Jeff, you can hang with me if you want.
Fred

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

[This message has been edited by Fred T (edited 04-25-2001).]

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Sounds good guys. I be able to make it around early Saturday afternoon, I just got stuck doing some yard work that morning :( but I should be able to sneak out around noon.

I've been riding at Baldwin before, but I have never been to Whiskey Creek or any CCC events before. Any Idea on how many people are going to be there? or an easy way for us to all meet up together?

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"

[This message has been edited by Jeff Allen (edited 04-25-2001).]

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Jeff

I'm going to be camping on Friday night and leaving Sat eve after the ride. Is there any chance you can do your yard chores on Sunday instead? If you come late Sat you may miss the gang. WALKMAN and jrccc###### will probably be there early Sat too if I know those guys.

Fred

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
It looks like are group can not make it to Baldwin until Sat. afternoon early evening.Some of the guys have to work during the day.We hope to have 5 or 6 guys riding on Sunday.Walkman and myself would like to start planing a U.P. trip for late summer.Wil most likely be 4 or 5 days long. We'll keep everyone posted.Fatherandson & Fred T email me your phone numbers please.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Fred T,
I might be able to make earlier than I first thought I got most of it done today, The local township has a one day only yard waste removal on that Saturday so if I can get it all out before hand that leaves me with more time to ride :)
I'll know for sure next week sometime.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Jeff Allen
Fred T,
I might be able to make earlier than I first thought I got most of it done today, The local township has a one day only yard waste removal on that Saturday so if I can get it all out before hand that leaves me with more time to ride :)
I'll know for sure next week sometime.

Jrccc and Walkman aren't goint up until Sat either so I think I will go up Sat too. I'll enjoy tipping a cold one with them around a campfire Sat night, join us!;)

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
fred, i will not be making it up to baldwin this weekend:( waaayyy to busy at work, sounds like everyone else will be making it though!

Top Bottom