fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey guys what a great ride!!! It was our pleasure to host this trail ride. I am glad everyone had fun. I hope everyone is working out the stiffness and sore muscles (especially Brent).
The weather could not have been better on Saturday. (Thanks to Rick the weather forecaster) On Sunday there were only four of us left at the campground. Rather than truckin' the bikes to Cadillac, we scouted some trail for the next Spode/Trail Fest.
There is a definite possibility of a "Color Tour" in October or November. Same place - different trail. More details later.
When the pictures are developed, I will make another post. Brian, please let me know when your pictures are available.
Thanks for traveling to Moorestown. I will be back up there two of the next three weekends. If anyone has an interest in helping with an enduro (or riding the Jack Pine), please send me an email - mmaurer@allmerica.com.

I am glad everyone had a great time.

Mike Jr.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Mike SR. and JR. you guys really know how to host a party!
With my keen sense of direction on the trip getting up there I'm glad I made it:confused:
Fred, thanks for the bunk, sure beats the heck out of sleeping in a tent:)
Brian, next time warm me on the photo ops so I'm not showing my goon riding talents and try to look like I know what I'm doing on two wheels.
And everybody else, glad I finally got a chance to put a face with a name and look forward to riding with you all again!

P.S.Next time I'm bringing a hack saw to cut my bars down a bit, that was some tight single trail on Sunday Mike JR. :scream:

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
fatherandson, i'll also thank you for the good time even though i only rode 4 miles, started the bike sunday with one kick and rode 40 miles with brandon without a problem but i've sworn off ktm's forever!! (sorry) i've got the 2001 kx250 sitting in the garage right now, so i guess i'm the newest cabbage patch doll, the thing rip's and another $500 it'll be enduro ready. thanks again!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Welcom to the GREEN side Dennis!

OK Now that your not a pumpkin head let me know when we are riding again! I'd love to see your new bike.
Fred

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Dennis,
You missed a fun ride on Saturday. It sounds like you made up for it on Sunday with "Digger" (aka Brandon). It was nice to meet Carrie and Allison. Please let me know when the pictures are developed.
You have sworn off all KTMs......or just the two strokes???

I will get you added to the mailing list of the Lansing Motorcycle Club and have the LMC secretary send you a membership application. It would be great to see you in Moorestown in the next month or so (even if you are riding a GREEN bike).:think

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
fatherandson, i'll probably end up with another pumpkin (i can say that now!!) someday, i always seem to go back ,but i'm selling both bikes now if you know anyone who wants an rxc let me know! it'll have a good price and i have all the origonal goodies, even a luggage rack and passenger pegs!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Walkman, you wanna trade the RXC for a '94 EXC that runs great (and starts on the first kick). Sorry I had to add the last part. If you are not interested in a trade, send me an email on the price for the four stroke mmaurer@allmerica.com.
Talk to you soon,
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Diggers Mom, I just sent an email to newest member of DRN. I am glad you enjoyed their absence. We enjoyed their participation in our trail ride. I hope we can do it again soon.
We were all impressed with your multi-room tent. I have never seen a tent sooo big.

Mike Jr.
P.S. Our new nickname for Randy is Ironman. He wore his ironman shirt all day on Saturday.

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
this is quite embarassing but here goes, i'll eat crow about anything i said about ktm's, i've had problems all spring with the 300 and trying everything to get it running clean. i just gave up and bought the kaw. last night the 300 would'nt start again and in the fury i snagged the kill button wire, it started and quit, i moved the wire again and it started and quit, i yanked the wire apart and it started and ran better than it has all spring, fourth gear roll on wheelies are back, so i bought a new bike for a $20 kill button:eek: . now the kaw does'nt feel so powerful and i know i need to update but i 'm going to keep the kaw to spring then go back to ktm 300's, i apologize for ever doubting the best bikes ever built!;)

DiggersMom

Jul 25, 2001
Thats My Bro - LOL

:scream: I have to laugh at Walkman - I see him on a Daily basis here at the shop working on the crotch rockets - I hear the discuss in the voice and see the ditermination when he can't figure it out..But I have to say after a lifetime of being his sister:scream: I have never seen him admit to being foolish.....too funny......lol

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OH MY!

WALKMAN! :eek:

I guess I'll be losing my Green buddy in the near future? Damn, that was quick! It's nice to know you got that solved so we can ride more than a few miles together. Now you will have the extra energy to pick up digger and put him back on his bike! :D Randy is getting too old for that plus wrestling that big 'ol Honda through the whoops! Never saw someone ride woods in a tank top and chest protector before...until IRONMAN!

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KAATTOOOMS RULE!!!!!!!

Always have and always will!!!!

Welcome Back Dennis!!

I amy have a nephew who might be interested in the Kawasaki. He wants to be a Cabbage Patch Kid (like Fred). :p Let me know when it is available and the asking price.

DiggersMom

Jul 25, 2001
Ok Fred my man (IRONMAN) is not old he is in his prime - he does it and always will do it better than most.....lol......:)
Ironman says: Fred got back in shape and is Mr crotch rocket speed man.....

IRONMAN - No Pain No Gain

Diggersmom
:eek:

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Hey guy's don't let walkman kid you he was liking the new KX last night.I must say it is a nice ride,but I know that he will live to be a pumpkin again.I wish that I could have been on the ride with everyone.I have already told everyone that all my weekends are full in Oct. That way I know that I can make it for the next ride.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
IRONMAN RULES!!!!!

Who can argue with DiggersMOM (aka IRONMAN's wife)? Maybe her lil'(?)brother Walkman, but I am sure he lost most arguements with her.:p

Walkman, are you planning to paint the KX black?

DiggersMom

Jul 25, 2001
:D hey Jimbo welcome to the forum - I didn't know you had a comp.......
No way can Walkman win age comes first in this family (lol).....arguements are in the win for me...(lol).
When are you all getting together again to ride?
Personally I think that Walkman liked throwing the cabbage around the course.....those big old pumpkin hogs out weigh his big butt even.... laughing out loud rolling around on the floor!!!!!!!!!.........diggersmom

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Next Sunday (8/5) Derhntr and I are planning to be back in Moorestown to help on the Jack Pine. The races are on August 11 and 12. All are welcome back to the clubgrounds to race/ride or help out. I did put a post in the Enduro Forum also. Let me know if you can make it to Moorestown in the next couple of weeks.

Mike Jr.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
What needs to be done for JackPine?

Mike
On 8-5 what needs to be done yet? You have more arrows to do? I might be able to make, not sure. Are you guys doing any riding that day?

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Fred,

The kids run "pine cone" needs to be arrowed yet. I think there is still some dual sports to do yet too.

They will have so much done on sat there will not be to much to do on sunday but ride.

I have not talked to mike yet but I would think that we will be riding the A-Loop checking for downed arrows and some fill ins. Looks like a easy run this year.:p

Brian

Top Bottom