70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
is this to advance for youngin's

mi spod fest sound like fun ? is this to advance for real spods?

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Bad news guys. I don't think that I can make it. My buddy that I'd be going w/, his anniversery is that weekend and, most importantly, my wife has to work that weekend and somebody has to watch the chittlin. I would ask the in-laws, but they watched her while we went on our honeymoon. This sucks. I was really looking forward to meeting you guys.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
we'll plan buy the day.

this will have to be a spur of the moment type ride for us. but I think it could very well happen.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
buffmaster, Sorry you can not make it. The riding season is still young. Keep an eye on this forum and I am sure we will ride together soon. Be sure to post when you will riding the trails in Northern MI.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Thanks fatherandson, will do. I think my buddy and I are AT LEAST planning on going up north for Labor Day, probably to Mio. I'll let you guys know for sure around then. Until then, I'll keep an eye out here and hopefully hook up w/you guys inbetween now and then.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey guys,I am making a list of people interested in our trail fest. I have 10 "I will be there" (this included 5 from the Thumb area) and 4 "I hope I can make it". There a couple of guys that I have not heard from...
Traction T...ktmmike????
There will be three or four club members helpings out...directing traffic and moving chase vehicles.
Be sure to tell your friends and have them respond to this post.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Giving this post a Bump

Fatherandson,
Do you need any help with anything? Need me to bring anything along besides the beer and bike:D

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
fatherandson, sorry for not getting back with you. I'm in the hope to make it category and will confirm with you in the next two weeks.

See ya!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Rick, I have you BWalker, MotoDilbert and 70Marline on the "maybe" list.

We can add two new riders to the "yes" list. We have 12 total now. I received an email from Corey Battenfield and his friend Brent Thornton.

Pass the word to your friends.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Yes status!

Mike, add me to the yes status for the Saturday ride:) I spoke with Max yesterday and he sold his bike. He would love to join us if someone had a backup ride for him.

Look forward to new posts as we get closer.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Rick,
Great news. Glad you can join us.
I do not have an extra bike for Max. My dad rides my extra bike. I will check with the other guys.

Mike

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Only 18 more days..... Mike, and I talked alot about the SPODE this past weekend. One thing is for sure we are going to get a early start on sat the 21st. I will be comming up on Friday, if anyone wants to ride an easy 20-30 mile loop let me know.

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Brian and I were scouting some trail for the ride on Sunday in the Cadillac area. We got an early start and rode 84 miles in one day. I was one tired boy on Sunday.
I agree we need to get an early start to avoid some of the July heat and have a full day of riding. I am hoping for some rain....without rain it will be dusty.
More details on the Spode/Trail fest will be posted at a later date. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Mike

P.S. Hey Brian - nice parking job of the DRZ...in the mud, in the buggy whips and third time that I missed. I had a lot of fun on Saturday and looking forward to riding together at the Spode.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Mike, no bruse from the rock hit. Yea I was a hurting puppy on sunday too. Must be we need more riding to get in to shape, no more of them whimpy 20 mile rides:)

Brian

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
fatherandson

I kinda doubt i can make it - but i may end up seeing you at the Marquette enduro, as i was planning on vacationing in the marquete area anyhow. I am seriously considering entering - would be my first race in 22 years (and way back then I only did one enduro race!)... my goal will be to finish! I am hoping to get my 8 year old to do the family ride with me the day before as well... if i can handle that i just might survive sunday!

I will be just getting back from my vacation the spode fest weekend - unless i come back few days early... I will have to see how it goes.

So - any suggestions for a newbie enduro racer? :^)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KTMMike,

Treat the enduro like a trail ride. Do not worry about keeping time. More than likely there will another rider on your minute who is faster...let him keep time and enjoy the trail ride.
Pace yourself. If you are the fastest rider in the first 10 miles, but do not finish.....The name of the race is enduro. You and your bike must endure the entire route. I rode my first enduro (the National in Wolverine) last year after a 10 year absence. I had a great time!
Send me a PM if you have other questions. I would be happy to help. If you can not make the Spode/Trail fest, I would recommend that you come to Moorestown the weekend of August 11 and 12. There will be another family ride on Saturday and a competitive enduro on Sunday.

Mike Jr. (the other KTM Mike)

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Jeff, F&S and I were sweating buckets by 10:00am. Now for being cold yesterday, several guys here said they had frost in the morning.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Attention Spodefest attendees on July 21-22

I just want all attending to know you are all invited to a hot dog roast after our Saturday ride - my treat! Trust me I will have plenty! Just wanted to get everyone together after a day on the trail to hear the trail experiences (the trees we missed and the ones we didn't) and have some good conversation vs everyone going back to their camps to scrape up a meal. Theres going to be a big campfire later that night too! The fire pit is HUGE! I imagine a few beverages will be consumed at that time as well. Mike and I were together this weekend and we think things are just about ready. Mike has the trails all planned out and has done most the work. Make sure you bikes are ready! Order those parts! There will be plenty of riding all weekend long!

Anyway if anyone want's to bring some potluck additions to the meall that will be appreciated. I will cover the dogs, buns, and all the toppings as well as paper plates and napkins. We should have a blast! See you all there!

Fred

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Mike, I have some have some cool ideas for some games. Give me a call at home. My keyboard is shot at home so I have to use the work 'puter

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I agree Brian. The countdown is on!! I am hoping for some rain. Otherwise, the dust may be a problem.
Here is the roster of riders we are expecting and a list of "maybe" riders.
Flyin Brian the DerHunter
Fred T
Jeff Allen
Walkman (and two riding buddies)
Jim Rye (and three riding buddies)
RickShaw
Badgerman
Mark Weissen
Corey Battenfield and Brent Thornton

the maybes
bwalker
motodilbert
70marlin and the youngins
KTMMike

I hope everyone can still make it. We are planning a trail ride on both Saturday and Sunday. The length of the rides will depend on you. There are a lot of trails in Moorestown and Cadillac areas.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Mike Jr.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Saturday start

Mike Jr., can't wait until next Saturday!!

I plan on leaving Saturday morning at 6:30, which should put me at Mooresville by 9:30 - 10:00. What time do you plan on starting the ride?

FredT, look forward to meeting you! I will bring potato and pasta salad.

See you all there.:p

Top Bottom