Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Anybody planing on getting there Friday night???

I'll bring the beer how about 3 or 4 cases, well... better bring 5 Fred's going to be there ;)
What does everbody drink?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll be there Friday night!

Jeff, I'll be there Friday night but I do plan on being physically capable of riding Sat so we'll have to keep the beers down to only a few dozen :confused: When will you be there? I plan on getting there early to work on my bikes jetting -wana help? (Before we get drunk!)

Fred

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
F/S sorry can't make it :<¥¥

couple weeks ago on vac up in oscoda, on vac 7 day's rode seven out of seven day's© not even a get off! most likey, put on over 200 miles© rode © the huron trail twice, old state loop three times , got lost at the meadow's for the whole day ¥what blast¤ then had a seeing eye dog take us all the way through and past the highway in the st helen motor sport area very nice but to many quads! ON THE LAST DAY AT THE CAMPGROUND I BROKE MY TAIL BONE ON A KIDDY SLIDE DUH! so right now, I'm in major pain! wondering how long, till it going to stop hurting enough to ride again?

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Jeff
two of us are planing on being there Friday night.
looking forward to meeting some new friends.
thanks Brent (sparkey):)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey guys,
I sent some personal messages from this forum to some people I have not heard from in a while. I wanted to encourage the "maybes" to join us and to confirm those that are planning to come.
I will also be there on Friday afternoon. I have "stuff" I need to do around the clubgrounds. I have a club meeting at 8:00am on Saturday and would like to have a "riders" meeting for the trail ride at 9:00am.
Please let me know (by email, phone, personal message or post on this forum) when you plan to arrive. It should be a lot of fun (rain or shine).

Mike Jr.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
MIke, I'm planning on coming up Friday night, but may make is Saturday morning. If it's a morning arrival, I'll be there by 9am.

I've got my two boys, 13 and 16, expressing possible interest in coming. Anyone else thinking of bringing kids?

What's the planned length of Saturday's ride? That'll cer

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark,
The plan for Saturday is to ride ORV trail from the clubgrounds to 131. We will have lunch there (we will park a truck there for coolers) and ride the trail back to the clubgrounds. The total miles would be 70 miles (gas trucks will be available along the route). The trail is kid and spode friendly.
However, if 70 miles is too far for anyone, you can turn around at any point and head back to the clubgrounds. I plan to take a break every 10 miles.
If 70 miles is not long enough for some (Brian), more opportunities will be available to ride.

Mike Jr.

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Families?

Is anyone beside myself bringing their families? My wife is wondering if there will be any other womanfolk attending. My kids ages 8-12-16 are wondering if there will be any kids their age.

The young'ns will not be trail riding with the gang, as they are still just yard racers.

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Probably

Brian
There will be club members there if they are having a meeting and they have their familys there camping. Two weeks ago Mike and I did some trail maintainence for the club and were treated to an awesome fried fish dinner with tons of side dishes...all prepared by the club members. There were kids and wifes there then. I know you are planning to join LMC so your family will get a chance to meet the gang. Sounds like a couple others are bringing parts of their familys.

Mike, we cut a tree down last year in my back yard so I'm bringing some fire wood for the bon fire Sat night. Maybe we will have one Fri for the early arrivals too? I know Jeff Allen is looking for some drinking buddies....so maybe we can accomidate him...what the heck Free beer! :p

Looks like there will be a lot of those "GREEN BIKES" there this weekend...cool I won't be the only one! :confused:

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Fred...I do not mind riding with the Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, we will put the extra wood to good use. Thanks.
The rain last night should help with the dust (at least I hope so). We could use some more rain before Saturday morning.
Mike Jr.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
GREEN!!!!

Fred, Green ya say OH NO!!!! Well green ya might get :confused: if you take to long drinking eerrr jetting bike:) Bring your sunglass to wear while chasing the bright yellow fender. Hehehe.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
chasing yellow?

let's see here, green chasing yellow... hmmm who's yellow chasing:scream:
maybe an orange critter????

can't wait!!

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Yep!

I expect to be chasing orange all day, cause the only time I can catch Mike is when he stops at a road crossing to wait for me :think. Now with more pumkins showing up looks like I'll have to eat lots of dust.

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by fatherandson
Hey Fred...I do not mind riding with the Cabbage Patch Kids. Also, we will put the extra wood to good use. Thanks.
The rain last night should help with the dust (at least I hope so). We could use some more rain before Saturday morning.
Mike Jr.

Mike
I measured my legs and they are exactly 1 inch longer than the Cabbage Patch Kids! I probably should have bought a KX 65! At least I don't have to duck tree branches as much as you long legged guys. I also don't mind chasing the orange bike, you knock all the crap out of the way and hit the trees first so I know which ones to watch out for!

:scream:

It's nice to know that it rained somewhere in Michigan, we have not had any and my wheat, er lawn is looking pretty yellow. See you tomorrow!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
families???

Brian,
I know that Mark Weissen may be bringing his two younger boys (13 and 16?), but I have not heard from anyone else. There is a small club meeting on Saturday morning at 8:00am. However, this is a "work" meeting and I am not sure how many of the club members will be bring their kids. We do plan to have a family camp fire and the bon fire.

Rick and other who I have not rode with yet,
Do not let Brian's tale about me always waiting for him give you the wrong impression. This weekend I hope everyone has fun at their own speed. If you are following Brian BEWARE....he occassionally PARKS the DR and needs help pulling it out of the mud or the trees.:p

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. It is time for me to leave for the north country.

Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
THANKS

I want to let you guys know that this was a great spodefest. Mike jr and sr put together a real good ride. Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed myself, in spite of my bought of leg cramps.

Brian, thanks a bunch for checking on me on the trail.

Also; Pete, that was some meal! Your wife makes and awesome taco salad, and your hot dogs were superb! Where'd you get such huge dogs??

Thanks again, I hope to be able to ride with you guys again.

Mark Weissenborn
'99WR400

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
GREAT RIDE!

Thanks to Father AND Son for the planning AND support!

Thanks to Fred for the great chow, best dawgs I've ever had!

Thanks to Jeff for the post ride fluid replacement drinks!

Thanks to God for the rain and "THE CRICK"!

Just let me know when the next SF is and I'll be there for the duration. I can't wait to see the photos!

C'YA
TF

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Cory and I had a great time at our first spode feast.

Thanks to father and son for the planing and support.
Thanks to Fred for the chili dogs they were Great!

I hope to ride with all the guys again. hopeing not to kiss eny more
trees:eek:

Thanks to Randy for helping peal me off the tree and finding my glasses,
For I was not up to looking for then at the time.:confused:

keep in touch sparkey

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Made it home.

Again thanks to all the riders who attended the trail ride. I had a blast! I ate a ton of badgerman dust/roost (one fast guy).

Day 2: We rode 40 miles, hot dry and dusty. Talk is of having round 2 in September.

Thanks to Jeff Allen for the beer, Thanks to Fred T. for the tubesteaks and my wife for the Taco Salad (not Pete's?)Ha Ha. Thanks to all for some great conversation and a special thanks goes to Mike Sr. and Mike Jr. for their hospitality and all the running/truck placement and all. Everything was greatly appreciated.

Brian the DRZ bump start guy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
YA, It was good!

Mike - Awesome job man! Thank your dad too! MI Spode/Trailfest 2001 was a huge success. Perfect riding conditions Sat! Nice cool swimmin' hole (Both days!) I'm ready to do it again! 75 miles on Sat and 42 on Sunday!

Everyone you' re welcome, it was my pleasure to cook up the grub. We had more potato salad than you could shake a stick at!

I enjoyed meeting so many cool guys that know how ta git between the trees! I gotta git me some of them black swimmin trunks like ya all had. My white skivvies were a photo opportunity. (Thanks Brian)

I can't wait for that group preride photo.....did anyone see Dennis? Oh ya, he was kickin' the crap otta his KTM when we were all lined up. Time for a new bike? Missed ya Dennis!

Learned a new word - DIGGER! (Associated with a young 16 year old rider on a YZF 250 diggin' his bars into the soil. )

I'll always remember to bring the BIG BLUE JUG to fill up those Personal Hydration Units....man no one took a leak all day and we drank 7 gallons of water!

Ya........it was a good time. :confused:

Top Bottom