fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Here is my idea for a spode fest in July.

We can meet at the Lansing Motorcyle Clubgrounds in Moorestown (directions: M55 exit off of Hwy 27, go 13 miles east to 7 Mile, turn north and go 10 miles, at the stop sign go straight until the black top ends turn left, clubgrounds will be on your left). Lots of room for primitive camping.
If possible, we can get together Friday night after work. The plan would be to ride 40-60 miles on Saturday.
There will be an opportunity for some friendly competition on the clubgournds - winner will be declared "King Spode".
The Sunday ride will involve trailering the bikes, but it will be worth the drive. I found 20 miles of very good trail and the plan would be to ride it both directions.

I know some guys were trying to plan a Spode Fest in June. Please do! I wanted to wait until July to include some guys who could not do a weekend ride in June.

I know we have a lot of time until July 20th. Please let me know your thoughts. I am looking to forward to seeing some old friends (Fred T, walkman, jr, motodilbert, and Jeff Allen) and hopefully riding with some new friends (rickshaw, Max Factor, etc...).

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Count me in! I just rode the area this past week-end with FredT, we had a great time.

Mike, we road out of the county line. We went east to Stratford, then east to the West Higgins loop. We just did the northern section of the loop. Then fire roaded back to the county line. For a lunch break. 51 miles. Then we went west over to old 66 and then fire roaded it back to the county line for a total of 70 miles total.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll come!

Mike As far as I can tell I can come too.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Sounds cool Mike. Count me in.

These sections of trail don't involve street legal only bikes do they? Not that I have ever done any illegal activities before mind you. :cool:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Sounds very cool! I'd really like to meet some DRN'ers. I don't think that there'll be any complications, so count me and my buddy in.:)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jeff, The trails I am planning to ride do not require much road riding and being street legal is not a requirement. We will make arrangements to trailer the bikes when extensive road riding is required.

SON

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Mike, great idea and I have begun the skid greasing process!:p Look forward to meeting our DRN homeboys for an all out woods assault.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Hey Jeff,

Long time no see! I will definitely plan to ride at least one day. I sent an e-mail to Mark W. to let him know in case you haven’t already done so. I have ridden from the LMC club grounds for many years (Jack Pine Enduro) so I am very familiar with the area. Crank up the compression, slow the rebound, and put on a fresh set of 755’s!

Tim Fowler

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
I'LL BE THERE!

fatherandson, can't wait! parts are rolling in for the 300, could put it together today but am waiting for swingarm bearings of all things! think i'll bring both bikes to the spodefest so i can be street legal when i need to be, but i am still dying for the two stroke feel:)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Count me in too, MIke! Thanks for setting this up!

Thanks for the head-up Tim, I never would've seen this!

:cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Correction on directions

In my original post I made a mistake on the directions to the clubgrounds. When you exit Hwy 27 go WEST (not east) on M55.
Bring your tents, campers and spend the weekend. We will have fun - rain or shine.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new riding buddies.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
walkman, two stroke or four stroke....it does not matter as long as it is European!!! KATOOOM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Brian, I just sent you an email. I will be in Columbus on Saturday. Would you be able to make two road trips to ride the bikes in one weekend? If so, send me an email.

motodilbert

Jan 21, 2001
I went riding with Jeff at Holt yesterday, despite the rain and water it was a good ride :) . I hope to make it to the July 20-22 mini spodefest and see some of the DRNer's I met up at the Rite's of Spring. Hey Fred, you going to bring some food? ....I'm getting hungry for some steaks....just kidding...kinda

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by motodilbert
I went riding with Jeff at Holt yesterday, despite the rain and water it was a good ride :) . I hope to make it to the July 20-22 mini spodefest and see some of the DRNer's I met up at the Rite's of Spring. Hey Fred, you going to bring some food? ....I'm getting hungry for some steaks....just kidding...kinda

Man I thought you died or something, we have not heard from you in a loooong time. As far as the food well you may just be surprised! I rode Sat too and only got in about 24 miles of singletracker before we got just too wet to continue. Rode Geels north loop -mucho mud holes!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Ben, all brands of bikes are allowed at the spode/trail fest. This group of guys likes to have fun. Either we are spraying dirt into each other's helmets or making fun of the other guy's bike.

I hope you can join us next month.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark, if you can not make it on Saturday for day #1, send me an email and I'll give you directions to the start of day #2.

Top Bottom