rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Since I'm the first one back, I've taken the liberty to start a new thread on the results of the first day of our Spode fest.

First and foremost, thanks to Mike Maurer Sr and Jr for letting us use the Lansing Motorcycle Club camp to host the event and for coordinating the gas and cooler truck. ( Mike Jr, next time I'll make sure to load my cooler:confused: )

It was a perfect ride thanks to the morning rain and 13 of Michigan's finest riders to attend. Agressive riding was an understatment but a safe pace provided few casualties.

Details of the spode pond to follow.

Great time guys, look forward to the next one!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Rick, it was nice to meet you.

Rick and I were the "Senior Riders" on the trail...Team Old Farts! Well Rick was a little younger than me. Can't wait to see the photos....hope you missed taking a photo of me in my swimming skivvies! It ain't pretty!

Fred

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Adwards

Ok here are some of the honors.

Best sounding thumpers... Rickshaw KTM 400
Loudest bike... Brandon (Digger) Stock YZ250f
Quietest bike...tie... Craig/Brian Stock DRZ's
Fastest riders...tie... Father&son/Badgerman
Best bathingsuit...FredT
Least miles riden...Walkman KTM 300
Best cook...FredT
Most determined rider...Mark WR400

I am sure there are more Awards to be handed out feel free to add any:p

Brian

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Senior award

It is only appropriate to recognize the more mature riders at the event; Randy, FredT and myself. My vote for the fastest senior rider is the infamous FredT;)

My goal is to ride like him when I'm 46 ( 12 months & 5 days )!

I understand Tim is developing a workout video and dietary supplements. Badgerman in a can! Let the record show that I'm first on the list.

When's the next Spode Fest???

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The pictures are in. Mike Sr. took them to an overnight processing center. Unfortunately, the pictures he took at 10:00am under the Jack Pine sign did not turn out. Brian and Dennis, please let me know when the pictures taken by the lovely ladies are developed and we make them available to all of the other spodes.
It was a great time! Doing this Trailfest on an annual basis seems like too long to wait. I am thinking of doing it again in October or November and make it a Color Tour. More details to follow.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
You go Mike!

Originally posted by fatherandson
The pictures are in. Mike Sr. took them to an overnight processing center. Unfortunately, the pictures he took at 10:00am under the Jack Pine sign did not turn out. Brian and Dennis, please let me know when the pictures taken by the lovely ladies are developed and we make them available to all of the other spodes.
It was a great time! Doing this Trailfest on an annual basis seems like too long to wait. I am thinking of doing it again in October or November and make it a Color Tour. More details to follow.

I'm in! I'm thinking BIG BURGERS for this event! The Cabbage Patch Chef will be there with charcoal burning. If it's Nov I'll skip the swimmin' hole, I'm sure all attendees will appreciate not having to see me nearly nude again! :eek:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Re: Senior award

Originally posted by rickshaw
It is only appropriate to recognize the more mature riders at the event; Randy, FredT and myself. My vote for the fastest senior rider is the infamous FredT;)

My goal is to ride like him when I'm 46 ( 12 months & 5 days )!

I understand Tim is developing a workout video and dietary supplements. Badgerman in a can! Let the record show that I'm first on the list.

Hey Rick,

Here's the secret!

The normal diet:

Large deluxe pizza with a six pack of Sam Adams.

The "BadgerMan Racer's Edge/Fountain-O-Youth" diet:

Large deluxe pizza without sausage and a six pack of Busch Light (bottles, not cans)! And the secret dietary supplement....................ANCHOVIES!

I'll get started on the book and video if you can handle the marketing.

Now that I have shared my secret, can I test ride that really cool orange bike of yours?

Seeya at the next Spudfest!

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Guys the photos are being processed tonignht at the one hour photo at Meijers. I will scan them tomorrow and start e-mailing them.

Brian

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Brian, thanks for the vote for "most determined rider". Probably a more accurate term would be "most demented rider". :confused:

An October spodefest sounds really great!! If there's any steelhead fishermen in the bunch (I know of at least one more - hint - he's the guy way in the front...), maybe we could some of that too.

Nostalgia question - who got a new nickname at the first stop, and what was it?:think :think :think

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Count me in for October! While you guys are fishing, Fly'nBrian and I'll do some Bow hunting, How's that sound for a meal to cook up Fred? Grilled Steelhead and Venison backstraps!

Brent, How's the back feeling? Had me worried there for a minute.

Tim, We need to hang 50 pounds of sand on your bike next time we ride to give us mortals a chance :p Shoot you would still smoke me in the trails!

Drawing a blank on the "nostalgia question" Mark, All I can remember at the first stop was Fred looking for his goggles when they were on top of his head :p

Mike SR. Next time we get together think you could take me for a spin on that old Bonneville of yours? That bike looks like it's a blast to ride!

Seeya on the trails!

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just received some pics from Flyin Brian. We look good on the trail, but we look tired at the rest breaks.
We even have a shot of the stud - Fred T modeling his bikini briefs. :scream: Sorry Fred. You do need a pair of the black riding shorts.
At the October event, while Tim and Mark are fishing and Jeff and Brian are fishing....Fred, Rick and I are going golfing. Hey, when are we going to ride??
Mike Jr.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The King Spode

I have been waiting to announce this award. Based on a post I just read, the results are confirmed. I actually had a trophy for this award. Unfortunately, the "winner" was not at our after ride dinner.
The King Spode for the first MI Trailfest is on of my fellow KTM riders.....
Dennis "The Walkman" Walker. Sorry DW.

This trophy will be a traveling trophy and all riders at the next Trailfest are eligible to win. We take nominations from all riders. Others who were nominated...Fred T. for setting a bad example for the kids and riding single track trail with shorts, T shirts and tennis shoes.......Digger - no explanation neeeded.

An October ride and a return to Moorestown is already in the making. More details to follow....

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
email addresses

Hey Brian, I have the email addresses of everyone who attend the Trailfest. Do you have a fax number ? I can send it to you.
Everybody else, I will get this list typed up and send it to each of you on email.
Mike Jr.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
More Awards

Here are some more awards.

Most kicks to get started, Sat Digger, Sun Fly'nBrian
Neatest (pretty) Bike. Craig dual sported DRZ
Newest Bike Digger a 1 day old YZ250f
Most Mod's to go fast. FredT KDX220
Least amount of sleep, most of us 2-4 hours

Brandon Kelly's e-mail address is kelly487@hotmail.com in case you forgot. hehehe.

Brian

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
i would like to thank dunlop, fmf,wer,enduro engineering, and most of all ktm for making my bike not run so good, may the worst man win:confused:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: More Awards

Originally posted by Derhntr
Here are some more awards.

Most Mod's to go fast. FredT KDX220

rian

Brian
I need all the help I can get. My bike is 1995 technology unchanged since that year, I am the oldest rider, haven't ridden in 17 years and I'm out of shape. Pipe, reeds and suspension work isn't all that much in mods is it?:scream:

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
I know that I was not at the ride but what is the chance that someone could send me some pic's. Ijust want to know how much of a good time that I missed.Thanks Jim

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
jrccc,thanks for not mentioning the stoppie in the other forum, my hip is killing me almost could'nt get out of bed this morning, i've said for the 20 or so years you've known me i'll never be that stupid again!:p

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Jim,
send me your e-mail addy and I'll forward them to you. I am leaving this week-end to help with Jack Pine.

Fred, Good thing your out of shape, Other wise none of us mortals would be able to keep up with you.;) When i am chasing you all I see is a blur of green and lots of dust. You know the only time I can pass you is when you are tired.:cool:

Dennis Whats a Stoppie?

Brian

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
stoppie=4th gear run, hit front brake and ride a reverse wheelie, do not try on slippery surfaces! (such as fresh mowed grass) 3 good ones and one failure(on fresh mowed grass) last night! i forgot:cool: :eek: :scream:

Last edited:

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Grass stains

Walkman,
Least the KX color will hide the grass stains better than the KTM. I am heading out in 1 1/2 hours to help out with Jack Pine. Mike said you were thinking about joining the club. My camper is still there, your welcome to come up if you want to. There is a club meeting at 0800 tomorrow. I am sure I could fit in some riding time.

Brian

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
derhntr, i would love to go up, but i still have'nt mowed the grass from last weekend,good thing it's dry!! i've got more honey do job's than most married men! beisdes no real riding until the barkbusters come in, my knuckles are still sore from last night, it's hard learning to ride without them after having them for so long!

Top Bottom