lime away

Feb 8, 2000
I ordered M12's to replace my well worn stock Dunlops. Is anyone using these tires? If so, any pro's or con's? I thought I'd try these as a good combo for soft and hard pack.

gonzodog

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2001
I have used the M12 for the rear on my son's WR200 and have one onthe front of my KDX. As soon as I finish the Chen-Shin C183D on the back of the KDX I'll put the M12 on it. My experience from working as an engineer for a major tire company was that Michelin passenger car and truck tire's durability and wear resistance is second to none. We didn't test MC tires, but, based on how far ahead they were of everyone else at that time, I have stayed with Michelin ever since.

Simon Fuller

May 17, 2001
I run S12's both ends and have great wear out of them. I ride both sand and mud. The rear has rounded the knobs and probably needs replacing, although plenty of trail riding left in them - just a bit dodgy in wet muddy conditions. The front is still fine.

I do find I lose traction in the back when lent right over - I don't know if this is the tire or me.

This using the M12 front S12 rear, why do you recommend this combo over S12's both ends?

loyd

Dec 24, 2001
i use m12's both ends & alter tyre pressure for differing terrain, going aslow as 3lb for soft or thick mud to 12lb for fast flowing farmland(4-5-6 gear stuff) excellent tyre. I was going to replace it months ago but just cut each knob back 6mm for a nice clean edge & it was great again .By the way these tyres have a very strong sidewall i have 1 rimlock & you won't believe how much traction you will get at 3lb its great

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
You get to try your new m12's yet lime away? I have them front and rear. They work great for me. It's like getting a bunch of extra power. They hook up good and I can wheely over a lot of things that I couldn't with the stock dunlops.

Top Bottom