TRACTION T

May 11, 2001
I never rode evart but it just so happens last night at my club meeting one of the guys rode that loop. He told me that it is a technical loop. So i wouldnt take newbys on that. meadows is good for newbys wide and fun and if you wanted to you can do some singletrack that weaves in and out of the meadows.

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
marlin, do not, i repeat do not take first time youngsters to evart, its rated highest for difficulty according to the ccc and myself, next to drummond which i thought was easier! stick to the meadows east for bikes or either side if you ride the quad trails

TRACTION T

May 11, 2001
Walkman we ride the whole area meadows east and west.usually we will go for 60 to 80miles rides and anywhere from our club property down thru rose city loop to ambrose lake loop and back. we like to try to stick to the mccct when we can. i try to stay away from bull gap area to many quads over there. that sounds like fun to hook up one of these days.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Thanks guy's !

ya my friendly sale person seems to be well seasoned. where do you get aholed of a trail difficulity rating's? I just joined the CCC

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
every spring the mi trailrider has all the trails, locations and ratings, i picked the most difficult and am moving down until i've ridden them all!! this is not in the map book and the trailrider does not have maps but they work well together, i think you have probably missed that issue already.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin, last I knew Brian at Lansing Cycle had extra copies of the Trail Rider that described the trail difficulty. I would call him first. I have not been in the shop for a month or so. You may also want to call the editor of Trail Rider for a copy.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin, we (Walkman, jr, Fred T and drhntr) just got home from the Meadows. It was a great ride. I would recommend it for you and your kids. If the cycle trail is too difficult for the kids, the ORV trail intersects quite often and you can ride that trail (try to avoihd the whoops - ha ha ha).

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hey thanks !

which loop did you ride ? was @ G party with other big bro & punkin son and they said to steer clear of bull gap big time, they said way to many quad types !. they told to stick to the west loop of the meadows, where'd you park ? tell me more about the ride.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Marlin, We rode out of Lazerne, we took the ORV route to the bike only crossing. Thats part of the west loop, we rode the bike only trail out to M72. Thats like a 14 mile secetion and it is pretty tight. Like F&S said the bike trail crosses the quad trail many times so if the trail gets to rough you can jump on the quad trails.

Myself I would suggest that you take the left trail where it crosses the ORV route. It does not have all the nasty sand hills that the loop out to M72 has.
Fred had to work with the KDX220 to pull some of the hills.

I had a really good time, we did not get to ride all the trails though, we ended up going 52 miles.

Have fun

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
PS ADD AIR!!!!!

Marlin, if you ride the meadows add air to your tires. 14-16 psi in the front and 12-14 in the rear. There are LOTS of rocks and we bent 2 rims this weekend.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
whats the deal with the rocks ?

bumski on the rims:( can relate ! I thought every thing up north was sand ?

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, most of the motorcycle-only trail that I was on had rocks ranging from mouse-size to baby heads.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
just received CCC. maps meadows, very confusion?

looking over the 2001 trail directory. difficulty 3,4,5 . riding out the orv route of luzerme, which loops are the level 4,5 ? at this time I'd like to miss them. looking at the map I see no small loops? it just looks like a orv route out and back ride, for me. it looks like, I just need to go out and find out for my self, the map does'nt show much detail. At this point I feel even more confused.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin, if you are looking to avoid the 4 and 5 in the Meadows, do not ride the cycle only trail. The trail sections are short, but they are difficult. I enjoyed it, but your kids would not.
Last weekend we road a combination of cycle and orv trail in this area. The orv trail is very open and used regularly by 4 wheelers = expect whoops.
I agree with you on the maps, they can be confusing. You do need to go to the riding area and get familiar with it. The maps will make more sense after your initial ride. This trip was my first to the Meadows. I carried a copy oif the map and it was helpful (especially finding a quick route back to trucks in the rain).
Have fun!!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
We'll be slow and easy!

we'll have to deal with woops. by slowing down , spudrick #1 rear shock, just went south. would'nt figure three days befor the ride. big bro #4 has a shop that he recomends (jack's in brighton) say's he'll give great service on supension.

Last edited:

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Marlin, There maybe some info at the camp grounds too. Some of the quad trails were groomed and some were really whooped out. You can get real tired riding those whoops chasing F&S thru the woods:D With 76 plus miles you will beable to somewhare to ride

Top Bottom