Michigan Motocross Riders...

ktmrider

Jun 20, 2000
For all you michigan motocross riders out there, I would like to know what you think is the best motocross track in michigan (besides red bud). I usually ride at a track called Freelin near metamora. Anyone else out there ride at Freelin? What are some other good tracks?

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I've only been on one MX track, the Huron Valley Night Hawks track over by Irish Hills. It's a private track where they have 3-4 open rides/year. The rest of the year they have like 1 ride/week for members only. It's a pretty sweet track, good for novices and more advanced riders, and it's pretty long.
I've been to the track over in Milan, but haven't ridden it yet. It's kind of intimidating to me(beginner). Couple of big jumps and like a 70-100' table top.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Spodefest II

buffmaster, why don't you load up your KX and join us this weekend at the Lansing Motor Cycle club?

Great ride, even for old guys like me:confused:

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
freelin race track is by Marlette. I us to live 1 mile from it. Now I live about 4 miles away. I use to ride it alittle, perfer to ride in the woods. It use to called S&A Raceway years ago. It has been open since the mid 80's.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Hey Shaw, I would've loved to have joined you guys. Marlin's been bugging me to go, but unfortunately(well, kinda fortunately), I was busy moving into my new house. And I'm still not 100% moved in.:(

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I gotta say Red Bud is #1
Dutch sport is a fun safe track.
The one nearest me is Big Air www.birairmotox.com

alleydude

Dec 1, 2003
Bay Racing is getting better and better every year, though I have nothing to compare it to. Near the Traverse City area...

http://www.bayracing.org/

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
My sons and I ride Morelands. It "westish" of Grand Rapids near Vickeryville. It's a good track for oldies like me and my C class sons enjoy it alot. You join and can ride most any day of the week for a small fee. It's really open on weekdays. Weekends is real fun with more people riding. They maintain the track pretty nice too. I've yet to try Gratten, I went to a race there but never went there for free riding. WWW.MORELANDSMOTOCROSS.COM

If you are in the U.P. and near Newberry there is a small moto track (supercross style) that costs a small fee to ride and is open every day. That's where I rode when I lived in da soo. Not the best but...

Most of the tracks shut down a week before a race and reopen the Monday following.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…