tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
The States ORV Draft Plan has become availabe for review.
Take some time and review and post comments.
You can also attend ORV advisory meeting in Lansing on Feb. 6,2008

Click the link to read document

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/2008ORV_Mgt_Plan_Draft_222536_7.pdf

Off-Road Vehicle Trails Advisory Board
Meeting Schedule
February 6
May 7
August 6
November 5
All meetings are scheduled to start at 6:30 PM. unless otherwise noted. All
meetings will be held at the following location:
Holiday Inn-Lansing, 7501 West Saginaw Highway, Lansing,
Michigan 517-627-3211.
)

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I don't see anything that excites me or raises any hopes that tomorrow is going to be an improvement. Most of this "plan" has been around since the RAM meeting - the meeting that wasn't. I know, I'm a pessimist.

Young Ted

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
It just don't seem that long ago darn it. I know I liked the motocross better in the seventies when I was fresh and in better shape. The hormones were flowing and all that mattered was the bike and the dirt. Now it's more about the bling. That's just me. Now back to dreaming about a new bike and losing 10 pounds.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Considering they took this from 140 pages down to 13 is amazing,Too bad most of it passes the buck from DNR to outside organizations!
Obviously we do not give enough money for the job to get done?
The Good news is that my program for running Enduros remains in tact and each club can be given the oppurtunity to run Compartments as long as they close trail properly and follow the rules!

We are being listened to, and if we can email and get the Senate to move HB4323 and sell it as a way to manage the growth of ORV's in this State we ill be on our way.

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Thanks for the update Tom. It sounds like the DNR is in favor of new riding opportunities, as long as it's not on state land :bang: . I think I know why Ted is a pessimist.
RUSS

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Right you are Russ. The southeast riding area has been "talked" about for over 20 years. Is there ever a time line for getting things done and a penalty for missing it?

Young Ted

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Kewl we get new yellow trail markers on all ORV trails. I wonder how much of the ORV fund will be spent on this no value initiative. :coocoo:

Anyone know what is meant by bringing up the existing trails to "good" rating and how many trals/miles are below "good"?

Anyone have any details about the plans for the 796 miles of ORV trail expansion. Where? When? How much new motorcycle single-track (if any)?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Kewl we get new yellow trail markers on all ORV trails. I wonder how much of the ORV fund will be spent on this no value initiative.

They'll still be orange triangles, just now have a yellow square around the triangle, like most of the trails on the eastern/lower LP. It does make them stand out better. No more difficult to install than the regular triangles, plus the shape/thickness tends to help them last longer (I help work on trails that have both types).
The way I understood it, was the new type of marker would be phased in, so that the old style would be replaced as the markers themselves needed replacing. Wouldn't be surprised if some paper pusher got a burr in their bonnet and decided that this needed to happen to all of the triangles all at once (foolish, tons of work, bad relations with the workers).

Top Bottom