olson_jr

Mar 7, 2000
Great to see all of you Michigan riders using this site. I know it's only Monday but are there any plans for a ride in the central part of the state this Saturday the 28th?
Geels or Denton creek would be great!

------------------

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I up for a ride this Saturday.
If I had to choose I would pick Denton just because it's a bit closer for my old ratty hauling truck to make the trip. But I have never been to either one.

Trails that I have been to:
Baldwin
White Cloud
Leota
Cedar Creek

With Baldwin being my favorite and Cedar Creek being my least favorite.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Olson,
There's another post thread going around as well.
A fair few of us seemed to ride Geels last weekend and really enjoyed it. I'm up for this weekend at either spot, but would probably prefer something new
Here's a vote for Denton if folks have been there and reccommend it.

Just saw Jeff Allens post. I agree about Cedar Creek. Toooooo whooped out.
------------------
Yes it's fast...........No, you can't touch it!

[This message has been edited by Max Factor (edited 04-23-2001).]

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I'm doing a ride at the Grand Traverse Cycle trail over by Kalkaska Sat. morning at about 9 am' ish (no, not Amish! :p) All who want to are welcome. ( I am taking off at about 12'ish to start my bachelor party, though.)

------------------
OOOPS.....THERE'S ONE MORE BROKEN...

motodilbert

Jan 21, 2001
Anybody going to Geels say about 1p.m. Sat? If not, or the weather is bad, I'll see if I can coherce some of my riding friends from work to go Sunday afternoon. I don't get over to the central state trails much. What's the terrain like? hilly? tight single track :o ?

I have to agree with the other posts that Cedar Creek is always whooped out and wide open :(.
Evart is great, though bring a saw :)...there were a lot of down trees on the north end when I rode it a little over a week ago

------------------

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
What's up with the Evart trail? I've only ridden the Bull Gap trails up in Mio, but does it compare? I've got relatives in Evart and that would be a good excuse to go and see them.

------------------
OOOPS.....THERE'S ONE MORE BROKEN...

Norm

Mar 1, 2000
Count me in guys! I'm not too picky about where to go. My only limitation is that I've got a 2 gallon MX tank, so I don't have enough gas for long (40+ mile) loops. Always looking for new places to ride. The trails I've checked out so far are Gladwin, Cedar Creek, Evart, and West Higgins Lake.

Buffmaster - I've never been to Mio, but I can tell you that Evart is REALLY tight. I rarely got higher than 2nd gear.

Norm

------------------

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
So how many votes do we have for a ride at Denton creek this Sat?
Meet at about 10.30 - 11.00 am at the beginning of the East Trail? (I assume there's a carpark there?)

------------------

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I just got off the phone with Motodilbert a little bit ago and it looks like we are going to go to Geels on Saturday.

If anybody wants to join your more than welcome, will we be leaving Grand Rapids around 10:00 am

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
No worries, I'll do Geels again, it's a pretty good spot.

Olson:
Check your email.

Norm:
Are you in for Geels as well?

------------------

Norm

Mar 1, 2000
Max,

I discovered a problem with my scoot the other night when I was changing the oil. Don't know if I'll have it fixed by Saturday. I'll email you tomorrow if I'm in or not. If I can't make it on Saturday, I'll probably head out Sunday instead.

Norm

------------------

olson_jr

Mar 7, 2000
Great, 10-10:30 Saturday at Geels, we can ride one loop and then try to meet up with Jeff and Motodilbert.

Norm, hope your bike issue isn't a big problem. Good luck.

Max, give me a holler tomorrow. I may be able to meet you after work for a brew.

------------------

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Looks like Motodilbert and I will be leaving around 9:00 am.
Where are you guys going to be parking at? North loop or the South loop?

Top Bottom