Michigan Trailfest II - October 13 and 14

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The planning has started for Trailfest II. We will be camping in the same place - Moorestown (west of Higgins and Houghton Lakes). I will provide directions in a future post. We will be riding a different trail and the plan will include two days of fun. Hopefully more people can attend both days.
Please let me know if you have suggestions on how to improve the Trailfest.
Mark your calendars for the second weekend in October and let me know if you have any questions.

Mike Jr.

P.S. How does this sound?????? Trailfest III in the U.P.!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm In!

Trailfest in the UP. Yaaaaaaa! Dems some good trail up dare! Will that be this year or next year? :scream:

I'll be grilling big 'ol burgers for after the Saturday ride at 'fest II. :D

Fred "too short" T

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Fred T burgerfest

Sounds like a cheeseburger in paradise!

If Fred T's goin, so am I.

Should I bring a wetsuit for the "crick" ? :confused:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
DIRECTIONS

NOW JEFFREY,

YOU KNOW YOU NEED DIRECTIONS... OR A LEADER DOG

HOPE YOU'RE THERE...

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT...

GRAMPA MAURER

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Trailfest III in the UP

The third trailfest is being planned for next June. I have a friend from Marquette (Ken C.) who has volunteered to be our trail guide.
I had almost forgot about Jeff's late arrival at the first event. He definitely needed a leader dog on that night.:p
MM Jr.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: Trailfest III in the UP

Originally posted by fatherandson
The third trailfest is being planned for next June. I have a friend from Marquette (Ken C.) who has volunteered to be our trail guide.
I had almost forgot about Jeff's late arrival at the first event. He definitely needed a leader dog on that night.:p
MM Jr.

Ya, and a new gas can because he forgot his and a bunk in my camper so he didn't have to put his tent up at 1:00 AM! Looks like Jeff is our new whippin' boy. Digger may breath a little easier!:p

Hope Big Jim Rye gets his Honeydew list done this time so he can come out and play! :D

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
It wasn't 1:00 AM I thought it was closer to midnight ;)

Actually wasn't "I" the only one to see the sign in that thick pea soup fog we had that night :p Even though I only saw it because I had stop to find out where the heck I was :D

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Drummond Island

Unfortunately, it will also satisfy your burning need to bend rims, flatten tires and destroy wheels and cases....

I've never seen so many rocks !!!!

The Old Man

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Look out Fred Big Jim is ready to ride. I hope that all is going well for everyone. As far as the Island I enjoyed the mild head injury that I got there last time. There is nothing like looking over the edge of Marble Head.I am looking forward to seeing everyone Uncle Denny dropped off the tape from Jack Pine looked like alot of fun.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
sounds like fun!

that weekend would be a good birthday present for me:p I have spudric's clyinder shipped off to mr gorr, hopfull it will be back by then?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
You'll have to get Badgerman to plan the swimming event again!

Jeff, this time call me for GPS coordinates to get you closer to the campground the first time around!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The trail we will be riding at Trailfest II will cross a river and swimming is available.
However, in October a wet suit (not riding shorts) will be required.:(
I will be sending an email to all Trailfest I participants. I want to remind them of the upcoming event and provide a list of riding buddies.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
sonds like fun ill have to tell 70 marlin thats all he gets for his b-day and some other words like "can i come too" lol

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TG32- a trip to the MI Trailfest II would be a perfect birthday present for your dad. I know that Fred T and Walkman would apreciate having more members of the Cabbage Patch (aka Kawie riders) to join the group.

Hey Jim, when your done with the Jack Pine tape, I'd like to take a look.

Mike Jr.

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
count me in

Mike
I'll be there. I did a lot of scouting of trails up there the past 2 weeks. About 350 miles worth. I found a loop that matches or betters the loop east of 7 mile. I did a 33 mile loop of it and did not ride it all.

Only 25 minutes from LMC

Brian

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Mike Uncle D. has the tape at his house now.I think that he might bring it to you this weekend.I am looking forward to Trailfest ll.Is anyone going to Ranch Rudolf on the 9th for the enduro? Keep me posted on the ride and if I need to bring anything.I look forward to seeing everyone:cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark, the enduro on 9/9 is in Traverse City. The contact for the race is Scott Cadwell and his number is 231-779-1212. In the past the start of the race has been at Ranch Rudolph campground (south east of Traverse City). I would call Scott for more details.
Jim, I am glad you are making plans for Trailfest II. We missed you last time. If you guys are bringing the tape, I will try to bring a tv/vcr and we can watch the Jack Pine video.

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE TRAILFEST. I just responded to an email from a rider in Petoskey and also invited a rider from St. Johns. It would be great if we could have more riders in Moorestown than last time. We will be scouting some trail this weekend for the ride in October.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks for the info on the RR Enduro. I realized after I posted it was on the D-14 site! D'oh! Badgerman also reinforced this!

Looks like a great weekend to check out trail. I'll be on the Kalkaska South loop on Saturday late morning.

I'll definately pass on the word on Trailfest II. YOu did an excellent job at organizing the last ride.

How about a flyer to hang up at some shops?

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Originally posted by MWEISSEN
Jeff, this time call me for GPS coordinates to get you closer to the campground the first time around!

With my luck I don't know if I should bring my new GPS out onto the trail anymore :confused: I don't want to loose this one!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Flyer.....

Mark, Great idea. I will work on a flyer and attach it to an email to send to the Trailfest veterans. It will probably be after the holiday weekend.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Jeff, I will make sure you do not get lost on the trail. You may want to keep the GPS in the car.....JUST TO BE SAFE.:p

We had a Lansing Motorcycle Club meeting this weekend. They are very happy that we are using their clubgrounds again in October. In fact the next club meeting will be in the morning on the 14th.

buzz man

Oct 14, 2000
Hey sounds like something I would like to check out. I am going to be up in the UP riding in at my cabin in Newberry the week before and might stop and ride the fest on my way home . Any further imfo would be greatly appr.(time exact meeting location). I hope a old 45 plus rider can keep up? I 'll try not to hold anybody up on my yz426f. Thanks for any imfo!!

Top Bottom