iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
So far here are the details...
This was started over on another forum since I noticed so many female trail riders from Michigan over there, and thought it might be fun to get together and ride. I know a lot of us are on all the major sites, but not everyone. Sorry for those who have seen this elsewhere...just want to get the word out!

WHEN: June 2nd
WHERE: Tomahawk C loop
TIME: Not yet chosen
WHO: This was started as a female get-together but there are a some others who have husbands or boyfriends and such coming. We all love to ride, the guys can stick with us, or go ride whatever they want to...its our day

I plan on camping up at Weber Lake...sounds like there may be a few others who live far enough away to camp as well. If you are interested in seeing the original thread where this all started you can visit:
HERE

I will try to keep this updated...right now it looks like we have a total of 5-9 people planning on going (that includes a couple of the guys)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dang! We'll be in Ohio that weekend :(

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Pending how this one goes, we purposely planned this one early in the summer in case we liked it and want to be able to do more in different locations...otherwise, if you're patient and just want another chick to ride with let me know...we could meet up some time.

P.S. I still plan on trying to get in an MX race this summer too! Haven't really had the new(to me) bike at the track yet to get used to it there...my BF lives in Battle Creek so maybe I'll do one out there since its the closest...looks like a fun track too.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Just an FYI...this is going on this weekend. We are staying/meeting at the Weber Lake campground at 10am...its kind of turning into a couples ride...most women are bringing their husbands/boyfriends along (to ride with us, or go off on their own). Look for the black dodge truck with the tent in the back, a kx250F and a 125sx! :cool:

~Cori

Apr 30, 2007
Gasp! Things like these would be so much fun if I had the time and funds to drag the boyfriend with :)

Pretty sure I can't make it this weekend, or even this year for that matter sadly enough.

Is this ride an annually based one?

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Well, we had a great time and I'm sure it will be done again this year, and perhaps try to plan one way ahead of time towards the fall or next summer so more people can try to make it. Its just hard finding a weekend that works with everyone's race schedules (harescramble and family enduros etc).

If you want to read the ride report and see pics go here...
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4843298#post4843298

It was great!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
This looks like a ton of fun. Truly inspiration to keep working at it.... I'd love to try a gig like this some day! (Well... except for those blood hawks....)

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
It was a lot of fun! Less mosquitoes and more people around the campfire at night bench racing is all I would've changed!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I am ready to do this again. I had a blast.

Cori.
You might want to consider a family enduro before a harescramble. They are a little more relaxed. You would gain experience passing slower riders and faster riders passing you. I would recommend the one in Moorsetown in July. You and Jackdrinker could ride together. They are always fun.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Yea, I honestly didn't know much of the difference between the family enduro's/enduros/harescrambles until talking with Bruno. I'll check out the race schedule...we'd both really like to try one. I'm still waiting to find out when my cousin's son is going to come and visit...that has July pretty much frozen until I find out...we'll see.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Hopefully I will see you both at one this year. You will have fun.

Top Bottom