MicroG33k

Apr 14, 2009
Alright, I'm pretty sure the absolute underlying fact is that I got the wrong bike, but the price couldn't be beat.

I just acquired a 1994 Kawasaki KX80. I can handle it, I don't think that's going to be a problem. I rode a KTM 85SX briefly last summer and did fine with it.

Problem is, it seems to be huge... higher than the 92 I was working on building. I could certainly just move all the parts from the 94 to the 92 and have a shorter bike, but that seems like an awful lot of work.

I'm 5' even, and can't touch the ground with both feet simultaneously even on my toes. This is the first bike I've owned, and will be the first one I get to ride for any longer than maybe 10-15 minutes at a time, so I think being somewhat comfortable on the bike is quite important.

While I'm sure I could just "get used to it", I'm curious as to what I can do to shrink a '94 KX80. I have been told the shock can be adjusted to do so, but I don't know how. I need to learn these things, and that's why I'm asking here. The bike's last owner is considerably larger than I, and I know the whole thing needs to be "set up" differently, and I need to know how to do that.

Specs and measurements aren't what I'm looking for. I can google those. I need to know exactly what screw/nut/ring to turn with what kind of tool. What I *really* need is the manual, but I'm not having much luck finding that...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Did you check Ebay for a manual?

I can't put both feet on the ground at once on my bike either. It's really not an issue if you're riding..

MicroG33k

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah, it's a comfort thing. I can shift and such because of experience with fourwheelers, but this will really be the first bike I've spent any time on. I expect to be going through some fairly difficult areas and I just feel like I'd be a little more in-control if I could reach the ground.

Before I got this, I was working on building a '92 KX80 - it seemed lower than this '94. I suspect I could get inventive and move parts around, but that seems like an awful lot more work than it's worth.

Top Bottom