gurt

Feb 25, 2006
So whats up with Mid Ohio vintage days this year? I just read in MXA that the mx track is getting closed to make room for parking/ camping during car events. Fortunately it also says that there will be at least some kind of make shift track for vintage days. I checked out AHRMA's website and it looks like the racing has been cancelled until further notice. I'm just wondering if anybody has more information about this. I look forward to going there every year, and I just started racing this past year so this news is a big time bummer.

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
Yea I was talking about VMD but here is what AHRMA says about the vintage mx:

The previously scheduled event at Mid Ohio is no longer AHRMA sanctioned.
AHRMA is considering a potential replacement on a different date and will update the schedule if a quality replacement is confirmed with sufficient advance notice for our competitors.

So I understand it's no longer AHRMA sanctioned, but who is puting on the race and where can I register to do so if there is going to be any PVMX at all?

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
http://www.ahrma.org/

The AMA notified AHRMA in mid-February 2009, that AHRMA must resolve all disputes and disagreements with Mr. Robert Iannucci, Team Obsolete, and the individual riders, “to Mr. Iannucci’s and the individual rider’s satisfaction”, or the AMA will no longer enter into sanction agreements or do business with AHRMA after April 30th, 2009.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Thanks.Man what a buncha malcontents!I couldn't read enough to understand fully what's going on.Kinda scared me away from racing AHRMA.Mike are you an AHRMA member?Is it worth it?I have a great bike for PVMX but if it's that political I'll just get beaten racing against modern bikes in the geezer classes.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Mid Ohio was fun last year so I stayed all three days! The MX racing is why I went. The swap meet was secondary and I did get a few goodies for the Maicos. I plan to go again but won't if the MX is cancelled. Hopefully another vintage club will run something. Michigan has it's own vintage series so I stay away from AHRMA.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom