May 23, 2007
i just cranked up.. and took off.. 1st gear.. fine.. clutch,shift to 2nd.. mid throttle.. boggggg.. almost stopped.. .. brake.. downshift.. 1st gear.. cluthc shift.. 2nd gear.. mid throttle. BOGGGGG.. so then i went to 1st.. clutched and rev'd as high as i felt comfortable.. and then it quit.. what happend?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Lots of possibilities. Start with the easy stuff. Good fuel, good spark, clean air filter. Then look at making sure the carb is clean inside & out and properly adjusted. From there check the compression.

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
Sounds like floats. Small bore 4 strokes always gave me that problem, when they ran out of gas it gummed up the carb. But look elsewhere on how to fix that, I don't know much about carbs although I know they aren't difficult.

Eazy-E

May 3, 2007
the DS80 is a 2stroke right? It almost sounds like a fouled plug, whenever i foul a plug it makes this DEEP bog sound. Was it running extremly hot or lean, possibly rich?

May 23, 2007
Eazy-E said:
the DS80 is a 2stroke right? It almost sounds like a fouled plug, whenever i foul a plug it makes this DEEP bog sound. Was it running extremly hot or lean, possibly rich?

well yeah.. i've fouled a plug before.. me and a friend were goin ridin.. and i was put puttin in 1st gear to get there.. down road side trail taht i'd nver been on before..

then it quit.. when we went to crank it back up.. it fouled it.. so i guess tahts what it was..

can i clean it with a wire brush ?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
76GMC1500 said:
You can replace it, spark plugs are cheaper than wire brushes.
Priced plugs recently? Perhaps plugs for a DS80 are cheap but not for some other yellow bikes.

It would be smart to investigate why the plug fouled so that you can eliminate the problem. Either that or start buying cheap spark plugs by the gross. It's a good idea to keep a spare with you (as well as a plug wrench) or at least a piece of emory cloth which will work better than a wire brush. As an added bonus the emory cloth will be cheaper than even the cheapest spark plug :laugh:

May 10, 2007
my friend had the same prob on his yz80 '90

i would check the air filter

turned out someone put the yellow cushion stuff from a car seat in it

its looks like it would work doesnt it :P

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom